• Herm Edwards
    • Peyton Manning
    • Marty Schottenheimer

I have to give the nod to Cowher...

losing all those championship games at home must really suck. :D

Honorable mention to Peyton Manning..

at least he can look at his records.

And a tip of the hat to Andy Reid for finally making it off this list. :lol:

I have to go with Cowher also, but Peyton is close behind. IS Peyton's awesome season ruined by blowing in the playoffs. I think so. He needed to win it all to have "the perfect season". You cant take the records away, but I bet he would trade them all to be in NE shoes right now!

Why Cowher? You said THIS YEAR'S playoffs. Not career playoffs (in which case Marty would certainly be the best choice). Cowher didn't blow yesterday's game....he lost to a better team. In fact, it was apparently that whatever he said or did at halftime helped.

Edwards and Marty are the only two that flat out blew games they should have won.

Why Cowher?  You said THIS YEAR'S playoffs.  Not career playoffs (in which case Marty would certainly be the best choice).  Cowher didn't blow yesterday's game....he lost to a better team.  In fact, it was apparently that whatever he said or did at halftime helped.

Edwards and Marty are the only two that flat out blew games they should have won.

216334[/snapback]

I don't know.. read this:
O-U-T-C-O-A-C-H-E-D!!! Marty Jr. does it again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, let's see. 1 - 4 in HOME AFC Championship Games. NOT ONCE has Gutless Bill covered the spread. This time he gets blown out by 14 points to a team he beat by 14 points several weeks ago. Nothing like a 28 point swing to perfectly illustrate Bill Cowher's playoff futility. Does anyone doubt that if the coaching staffs of the two teams were switched, that we would now be heading to Jacksonville, instead of explaining away a 14 point rout??? And please, don't start with the Big Ben stuff. Cowher's GUTLESS, vanilla, mish mash, sorry, no account game plan on both sides of the ball put his team in untenable situations.

Did you all see how a REAL COACH, you know the one who doesn't have an 8 - 9 career playoff record, reacts to a playoff game? He throws bombs on 1st down. He throws the ball downfield. He has his players PREPARED. He goes for TDs. He goes for the kill. The Pats knew what we were going to do and we had NO IDEA what they were going to do. We just continually pound round pegs into square holes by running it up the gut right into the teeth of the NE D, exactly what Belicheck KNEW Cowher would do - since Cowher NEVER game plans for anyone.

And our Defense got it's royal ass kicked since Cowher didn't bother implementing anything different for this game. Yet again, Bill Cowher gets totally outcoached and EMBARASSED at home in the playoffs. I hate to be COMPLETELY VINDICATED YET AGAIN but as I've said FOREVER, Bill Cowher IS MARTY SCHOTTENHEIMER - a regular season coach that goes GUTLESS in the big games and gets his a$$ kicked year after year after year after year when it counts. Going for the FG after being 1st and goal from the 4 in THE 4TH QUARTER is the QUINTESSENTIAL COWHER PLAYOFF CALL. Rather than going for a TD or, at worst, pinning NE inside the 2, the coward calls a FG - which effectively ended the game as his team - sensing his idiocy and lack of confidence - went completely into the tank after that. Doesn't matter if it's Neil O'Donnel, Kordell Stewart, Tommy Maddox, or Big Ben - Cowher will find a way to lose. Hate to keep repeating this SEEMINGLY EVERY F*&$ING YEAR DATING BACK TO THE TSN BOARD DAYS but, for old times sake, UNTIL THIS LOSER IS FIRED, this team WILL NEVER win a SB.

:D:lol::lol:

Big Ben is a rookie - unfortunately, I think we can get used to seeing him lead a playoff team.

Eli Manning, on the other hand, had arguably one of the best offenses in NFL history and STILL could not make it to the big game. How friggin disheartening is that to Indy fans, after that kind of a season by him.

i'm going to go outside the lines and take jim mora for his little sideline hissy fit yesterday.......he looked like a baby who got his bottle taken away.......

216537[/snapback]

At least he got it honest. Daddy was known for some fits, himself.

I thought Mora's reaction was appropriate. If I was his player I'd rather see that than a Greggo Williams reaction. And oh wait, if he's a choker how'd he get his team to the NFC Championship game in his first year with a new offensive scheme? Mike Vick? Oh wait, I thought he was overrated. Yeah but they play in the weak NFC. Rightttt, that's why Vick got them to the second round in 2002. Yeah, the year the NFC stomped the AFC rep in the SB.

Anyways, my vote goes to Marty. You cannot lose that game at home. It's completely unacceptable.

As far as Cowher? The guy is a stud. These people bitching about him will be reading his book in 15 years just like we are with Marv.

Big Ben is a rookie - unfortunately, I think we can get used to seeing him lead a playoff team.

Eli Manning, on the other hand, had arguably one of the best offenses in NFL history and STILL could not make it to the big game.  How friggin disheartening is that to Indy fans, after that kind of a season by him.

216528[/snapback]

?

I'm sure you mean Peyton.