Pettigrew

With the Lions becoming a glutton of offensive weapons including 3 TE s (Ebron, Pettigrew, & Fauria), the question is how many passes will there be to keep everyone happy there. Should we use Schwartz's relationships there to make a play for Brandon Pettigrew? Is there enough value there to pursue him ?

Please discuss.....

Pettigrew just signed a $4 year/$16 mil deal. I don't really want to pick up that contract. Besides, I don't think the Lions want to unload that - Fauria is not a consistent playmaker and they probably want to run double TE sets.

Pettigrew is one of those guy who has never been as good as he was "supposed" to be. And, his production appears to be going downward. I am not sure, at this point, getting him would solidify the tight end spot any more than Chandler, Moeaki and Gragg. Even at his best, Pettigrew has just been "alright". I think people are a little harsh with Chandler. He is serviceable, the fumble against the Falcons not withstanding, and has shown to be a solid receiving tight end over the last 3 years or so. Sure, if Pettigrew was a free agent, I would "kick the tires", as we love to say...but I really don't think he answers our tight end problem.

Edited by Buftex

Pettigrew is one of those guy who has never been as good as he was "supposed" to be. And, his production appears to be going downward. I am not sure, at this point, getting him would solidify the tight end spot any more than Chandler, Moeaki and Gragg. Even at his best, Pettigrew has just been "alright". I think people are a little harsh with Chandler. He is serviceable, the fumble against the Falcons not withstanding, and has shown to be a solid receiving tight end over the last 3 years or so. Sure, if Pettigrew was a free agent, I would "kick the tires", as we love to say...but I really don't think he answers our tight end problem.

I think Ebron is going to be similar. Overhyped, and pretty average.

Pettigrew is a step up from Chandler in both blocking & receiving. If Chandler is a 5 out of 10 at both, Pettigrew is at least a 6. Aside from Gronk & Vernon Davis, He's a better blocker than any other pass-catching TE I can think of.

If Pettigrew got cut, he'd be an upgrade worth pursuing, but he won't, this year at least. The Lions drafting Ebron was moronic IMO. They just re-signed Pettigrew and added Golden Tate. Adding the draft's top TE when they have numerous pressing needs just made no sense. That's like a Whitner-esque 1st round blunder.