RB overload..

Fred was the most consistent player on the Bills last year, and I was wrong, at least last year, I wanted him cut last year, he had 2 concussions and a terrible case of the fumbles in key spots. I would have rather trade Brown for Jackson straight up than a draft pick though,if they would have taken it, Doubt it

I like Fred, but we could move on,

All 4 RBs are likely to be on the roster come September. Did everyone forget how often the Bills ran the ball last year while running a no-huddle? The Bills lead the league in rushing attempts and will likely do so again in 2014. Why on God's green Earth would they unload a RB when 3 barely survived the pace and punishment last year? The more the league becomes a passing league the more effective power running will be. As for Fred Jackson, he is here till his wheels fall off.

I see FJ/CJ getting the bulk of the carries. Brown being a way better Choice, and possible FJ replacement next year. Dixon a special teams/special situations guy. And Frank The Tank continuing to bowl people over for our guys and sometimes getting the ball and doing fun things with it.

This gets my vote!

I am amazed that no one pointed out that the OP stated, over the course of two back-to-back paragraphs, that he hoped the Bills would trade or release CJ and also that they would re-sign him to use him appropriately. That is odd.

That being said, keep the 4. Let Bryce learn from Freddie how to be a pro so that he can pass the torch at the end of the year and let Dixon run the FB/ST role that he is best suited for. Less wear and tear on Freddie and CJ in short yardage situations will bode well for the running game. I am a definite fan of Fred Jackson, but am also very aware of the fact that the end of the road is near.

I see Fredex being the odd man out, mostly due to his age. He could be the last training camp cut or a traded for like a 6th or 7th round pick for next year.

Never forget how good Fred is at picking up blitzes on our potentially fragile 2nd year QB.

I see all three of the RB's getting a bunch of touches, as all three have different styles.

Fred Jackson is elusive, and should be primarily the 3rd down back used like the Saints used Darren Sproles. Doing this will also help elongate his career.

CJ should be the primary back, with Brown relieving him on occasion. Brown ran a 4.38 40 at 223 lbs so he is not slow.

I'm sure Hackett will find a way to work all three backs into a rotation to keep them fresh.

I see all three of the RB's getting a bunch of touches, as all three have different styles.

Fred Jackson is elusive, and should be primarily the 3rd down back used like the Saints used Darren Sproles. Doing this will also help elongate his career.

CJ should be the primary back, with Brown relieving him on occasion. Brown ran a 4.38 40 at 223 lbs so he is not slow.

I'm sure Hackett will find a way to work all three backs into a rotation to keep them fresh.

And having three, talented and fresh RBs is never a bad thing. Injuries are sure to hit the unit as well so having some real, solid depth at the position is a nice thing to have.

I see Fredex being the odd man out, mostly due to his age. He could be the last training camp cut or a traded for like a 6th or 7th round pick for next year.

No way they do Fred like that.

And I'm not sure who y'all were watching last year, but Fred and CJ led one of the league's best rushing attacks. There are miles on those tires, but he still has some time to go.

I hope he retires a Bill, and he strikes me as a guy who will know his role and excel in it.

If we cut him, he is going to go to NE and be their next Kevin Faulk for at least 3-4 years.

On WGR yesterday during the draft coverage, Joe B mentioned that what most likely will happen is that Anthony Dixon was brought on to take on FB and ST duties. He is more multi-purpose than Summers. I don't think Summer will make the team. Bryce Brown takes over the 3rd RB spot and will pick up any slack with Fred's age.

Summers was good on special teams last season IMO. When given an opportunity he showed good hands too. I'd hate to see him go, but, if Dixon can do the same things better all the better.

I would like to see more 2 back sets this season. I don't think that Hackett showed much creativity his rookie year. Either Fred or CJ split wide when in a 3 WR set is a match up nightmare for a defense & you still have a solid RB in the backfield so teams can't ignore the run. Here's hoping that 2014 brings out the best in the players and coaches.

Summers was good on special teams last season IMO. When given an opportunity he showed good hands too. I'd hate to see him go, but, if Dixon can do the same things better all the better.

I would like to see more 2 back sets this season. I don't think that Hackett showed much creativity his rookie year. Either Fred or CJ split wide when in a 3 WR set is a match up nightmare for a defense & you still have a solid RB in the backfield so teams can't ignore the run. Here's hoping that 2014 brings out the best in the players and coaches.

I'm very much with you on this point, but we're also dating back to the Gailey years -- and perhaps even further back -- where two of our best weapons are in the backfield, yet the team refuses to put them both on the field at the same time. I simply don't get it, yet there has to be a reason for it. Is it the notion that there is somehow a greater injury risk using both backs on a higher # of plays? Something else? Blocking deficiencies?

For me, I feel like it would create situations where DCs don't know who to key in on, or what kind of run play is coming. Both backs are also fairly versatile pass catchers. What is not to like? I know we're not alone here in having wished for more creative usage of the backs.