Bills Draft/trade Grades - how do you rate this week's activity?

CBS Sports gave us C

Bleacher Report a C- (only Seattle was worse)

We get no love. Does Bleacher Report count? Prolly not, they aren't very knowledgeable. They said we gave up 2 1st rd picks for Watkins. WTF? That's like saying Cleveland gave up a 1st to select Manziel.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills consistently get graded a C in the draft by experts. Guess they are correct, because this team can't win more than 7 games for years now.

Last year was a terrific draft, the first one of the new regime.

The only reason the draft is getting negative ratings this year is because of the perceived notion that they overpaid in the trade. If the gurus simply evaluated on the players they took including Watkins, it would be A's and B's everywhere.

The thing is, they will take a couple grades off our ratings next year, too, for it, no matter who we take. It will be C's and D's with a bunch of snarky comments about how it would have been much better if they had a first round pick.

Objectively, I give this draft weekend a D. We traded away our best and only proven receiver and next year's first for a receiver in a receiver deep draft. Even if Stevie is on the downside of his career, it is too much risk for my liking. Especially since receivers tend not to excel as rookies, it escalates the risk. If the Bills (and in all likelihood we will) suck. We could be having a team that has huge holes to fill next year and no top 10 pick to fill said holes.

I give the Watkinns pickup an A+...

I wasn't a fan of picking up Kouandjio so I will have to give that a D (obviously I hope I'm wrong and I'll gladly like to feel stupid for thinking he was a bad pick up if in fact he turns out to be a great player for us).

The Preston Brown pick I give a B-. I think we could of drafted a better LB at the time we picked him so for that I give a C, but since it covered an area of need, I give it a B-.

The Ross Cockrell pick I give an A- because I would have rather drafted a TE at that spot but I like the kid as a player and I believe he will contribute this coming season.

Cyril Richardson - I will be honest. I never seen this kid before and I don't know anything about him, but after the draft I looked him up and he seems like a work in progress and was graded higher than a 5th round. So based on that and our dire need of a Guard, I give the pickup a B+.

Bryce Brown - I also didn't know anything of this kid but watching the way he runs the ball, he looks like a mixture of Spiller and Jackson. Fast and can hit the hole. I like it. A-.

Randell Johnson - Don't know anything about him. Hopefully he can contribute in ST. If not, Practice Squad and develop. C-.

Seantrell Henderson - A+. Love the kid as a player. 1st round talent picked up in the 7th round. Where they do that at? That's like finding filet mignon on the McDonald's dollar menu.

Overall I give our draft as a whole, an A-. We got EJ help at WR and 3 guys on the line. Our free agency was quiet yet also effective with the pickup of Spikes plus we added two more LBers in the draft to help contribute on defense also a pretty good defensive back in the draft. The RB Brown can also come in and contribute as we all know Spiller gets tired too quick and Freddy shouldn't have to carry the load.

Edited by DefenseWinzChampionshipz