NFL Should move Draft to other NFL cities

I hate this idea.

I'm about to attend the draft again, and over the years I have made a lot of friends who also attend the draft.

This is the only time of the year when I get to see them. We are the real draft diehard fans. We stay for every pick.

Now, I might get to miss out on continuing this tradition and it makes me mad.

I guarantee you, that no other cities fans could match the passion for the draft.

Oh sure everybody will show up for the first round, maybe even the second round. After that? Forget it. Nobody would be that interested in staying for Mr. Irrelevant.

If you really want to attend the draft, then go to NYC.

But Roger Goodell wants to keep changing things. Not because it's good for the NFL, but because he can. Now I'm hearing that he wants to make the draft a 4 day event.

Does anybody actually think that making the draft 4 days long, is a good idea?

Edited by Mark Vader

I hate this idea.

I'm about to attend the draft again, and over the years I have made a lot of friends who also attend the draft.

This is the only time of the year when I get to see them. We are the real draft diehard fans. We stay for every pick.

I guarantee you, that no other cities fans could match the passion for the draft.

Oh sure everybody will show up for the first round, maybe even the second round. After that? Forget it. Nobody would be that interested in staying for Mr. Irrelevant.

But Roger Goodell wants to keep changing things. Not because it's good for the NFL, but because he can. Now I'm hearing that he wants to make the draft a 4 day event.

Your logic doesn't hold.

If it's a one-off exclusive-to-that-year event, it will DEFINITELY sell out every round.

Your logic doesn't hold.

If it's a one-off exclusive-to-that-year event, it will DEFINITELY sell out every round.

Every year I see people going to the draft for the first time. After awhile, even during the first round, they get bored and start saying, "So what's the big deal about this?"

The draft is not for every NFL fan. There are lots of fans on this message board that don't watch every pick.

The same applies to all other fans in every city. Even if it is an exclusive event, by Day 3 the fan base will not be as excited as they would be for Day 1.

Every year I see people going to the draft for the first time. After awhile, even during the first round, they get bored and start saying, "So what's the big deal about this?"

The draft is not for every NFL fan. There are lots of fans on this message board that don't watch every pick.

The same applies to all other fans in every city. Even if it is an exclusive event, by Day 3 the fan base will not be as excited as they would be for Day 1.

False.

I can tell you, without a doubt, that here in Chicago it would sell out and stay packed through all three days.

I hate this idea.

It is people like you who should really have a say in it, since you actually go.

If a person is not going to attend live anyway under any circumstances (like me), then he has no say.

Edited by JR in Pittsburgh

False.

I can tell you, without a doubt, that here in Chicago it would sell out and stay packed through all three days.

We'll just have to disagree on this matter.

It is people like you who should really have a say in it, since you actually go.

If a person is not going to attend live anyway under any circumstances (like me), then he has no say.

Thanks JR.

Edited by Mark Vader