Official Tom Brady thread

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The Brady bashers are loco. The guy is like a friggin' robot- he's one of the most disciplined QBs I've ever seen, and seemingly can't be rattled by a mistake.

216885[/snapback]

Yep.

To all those calling him a "system" QB, what are the weaknesses in his game? The deep ball? Did you see his TD pass to Branch? Calling him a product of the system may have been valid after the first SB, but he has elevated his game since then.

You can root against the guy and his team (it's very frustrating, but my duty as a Bills fan) without making foolish arguments.

Manning is a system QB too. Chump.

Look: if a QB executes a "system" to near perfection, does that make him a bad QB? Montana was the perfect WCO QB- couldn't throw the deep ball but was very accurate. Does that tarnish his image?

The Brady bashers are loco. The guy is like a friggin' robot- he's one of the most disciplined QBs I've ever seen, and seemingly can't be rattled by a mistake.

216885[/snapback]

Right, cause Manning doesn't pretty much run his own offense. Manning IS the system.

Just look at who has more rings ---------

216954[/snapback]

You can't judge a QB by the number of rings they have. If that is the case, you need to keep Kelly and Marino out of the HOF to make room for Jeff Hoestettler and Mark Rypien.

Brady is a system QB in one hell of a system.  Put him on a sh------- team, he'd be an above average QB at best.  Good field vision, quick release.....and thats about it.  Without even thinking about it, I can name 6 QBs who I'd take over Brady (Manning, McNabb, Vick, Culpepper, Farve, McNair).  I'll give props to the Patriots front office for putting together a great staff and giving them the players they needed to have one of the best systems in football, but, I'm not going to sit here and hear that Brady is one of the best QBs of all time.  He's not even one of the best QBs THIS YEAR.  Shoot, he's not even the best player on the Patriots.  Dillon and Bruschi are much more valuable than Brady is.  Want to think of something scary?  Put McNabb or Culpepper on that team, see how he would do.  I think most of the NFL is going to be in for a big suprise with both Coordinators leaving this offseason, Brady and the Pats are going to have a pretty average year in '05(8-8ish), unless they get some great coordinators in there.  Bottom line is, success alone does not make a QB a great QB.  Success makes a great team a great team.

216785[/snapback]

I disagree. Only Manning is a better QB than Brady right now. Culpepper and McNair have been overrated their whole careers. Vick looks pretty, but he doesn't lead his team. Farve is done....he's not even top ten in the leauge any more.

I disagree.  Only Manning is a better QB than Brady right now.  Culpepper and McNair have been overrated their whole careers.  Vick looks pretty, but he doesn't lead his team.  Farve is done....he's not even top ten in the leauge any more.

216964[/snapback]

Dude, Manning is SOOOOOO good he can't even get to a Super Bowl. Did you see him choke in Foxboro last weekend???

Manning is a good QB in the NFL, but he's not great yet. Brady's not the most talented QB in the NFL, but he does one thing those other guys haven't been able to do ----NOT CHOKE.

Sadly, some of my Children have chosen the wrong path in life. Thomas Brady chose to exchange his soul in order to gain worldy praise and glory. Wormwood now controls his soul. There is nothing further that can be done to save him. He will have his glory in this life, but he will no longer pass through the Pearly Gates.

I weep for my Children who do such things, but alas free will has been given to all.

I'm not going to play a rigged game... how 'bout you list the games that Manning, Vick, etc have won by themselves first?  What does that even mean?  Did they throw the ball to themselves?

216863[/snapback]

You obviously didn't watch ANY falcons highlights this year or 2002.

Sunday, Dec. 1st, 2002. Vick vs. the Vikes.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap/NFL_20021201_ATL@MIN

Nuff Said.

Manning:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=241226011

AND they got the 2 pt conversion. Did I mention he broke the all time single season TD passing record with the last second winner.

You obviously didn't watch  ANY falcons highlights this year or 2002. 

Sunday, Dec. 1st, 2002.  Vick vs. the Vikes.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap/NFL_20021201_ATL@MIN

Nuff Said.

Manning:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=241226011

AND they got the 2 pt conversion.

216978[/snapback]

How many tackles did each make in those games?

How many tackles did each make in those games?

216981[/snapback]

20 each, wasn't it? Some of the best tackling I've ever seen by a QB. And that punt return that Manning took all the way - I couldn't believe it.