Question for the lawyers

Doc

So he sent the entire contract back, signed, and even made a change I forgot to notice originally and mentioned to him. So I should be good. :thumbsup:

Go file a Provisional with the USPO. Will cost you about $1000 to have a patent atty do it...but it's a small investment if the project yields $1 million in the future.

What about using LegalZoom.com?

If you can afford your own atty, go sit down and meet with one in person. I said it before in the "estate planning" thread, you have to be comfortable with your atty and see eye to eye. They are there to protect you and file the app with the data you provide. If you use legal zoom.com it is a "self help" service (ie there is no atty to back you up if you file something that lacks enough definitive information to describe your idea, its uniqueness, improvement on an existing product, method or process.) Once again, can you spend $1000 or more to protect a $1 million dollar idea or possibly screw up your priority by saving a few hundred bucks?? Edited by BringBackFergy

If you can afford your own atty, go sit down and meet with one in person. I said it before in the "estate planning" thread, you have to be comfortable with your atty and see eye to eye. They are there to protect you and file the app with the data you provide. If you use legal zoom.com it is a "self help" service (ie there is no atty to back you up if you file something that lacks enough definitive information to describe your idea, its uniqueness, improvement on an existing product, method or process.) Once again, can you spend $1000 or more to protect a $1 million dollar idea or possibly screw up your priority by saving a few hundred bucks??

Great advice. That is what I figured... It would be awful if this thing turned into a clusterph**k argument. 1,000 bucks isn't too bad if there is confidence in your invention.

I never knew the whole patent process was so expensive and complicated! I guess they want you to really be committed or they would have every Tom, Dick, & Harry swamping the system.

So he sent the entire contract back, signed, and even made a change I forgot to notice originally and mentioned to him. So I should be good. :thumbsup:

That's what the Winklevoss twins said right before Justin Timberlake gave them the old reach around.

Edited by Jauronimo

If you can afford your own atty, go sit down and meet with one in person. I said it before in the "estate planning" thread, you have to be comfortable with your atty and see eye to eye. They are there to protect you and file the app with the data you provide. If you use legal zoom.com it is a "self help" service (ie there is no atty to back you up if you file something that lacks enough definitive information to describe your idea, its uniqueness, improvement on an existing product, method or process.) Once again, can you spend $1000 or more to protect a $1 million dollar idea or possibly screw up your priority by saving a few hundred bucks??

I can't argue with that.

That's what the Winklevoss twins said right before Justin Timberlake gave them the old reach around.

The Winkelvosses had a confidentiality agreement with Zuckerberg?