Bills to work out Canisius Basketball F Chris Manhertz

dobsonfe

I am with you. If he shows the raw ability you can probably stash him on the PS for a year or so. He plays really wide which would make him an ideal red zone target. There is no risk at all.

i appreciate that you brought more reasons than the simple "but other PFs have played TE"

PS could be a great place for a kid like this, even if we draft one high.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i appreciate that you brought more reasons than the simple "but other PFs have played TE"

I have seen a lot of him as a basketball player and always thought that he could translate to the football field. He is an underrated athlete and plays wide. Manhertz is built like a football player. I have no idea if he will even get a camp invite but he just seems like the type of guy that you would want to look at.

Not sure if this was poster elsewhere in the forum, but here's another converted TE to consider - Erik Swoope. The report says he never played a down of college football but he does come from the Hurricane pipeline (Graham and Thomas).

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2014/04/10/broncos-work-miami-basketball-forward/26891/

Not sure if this was poster elsewhere in the forum, but here's another converted TE to consider - Erik Swoope. The report says he never played a down of college football but he does come from the Hurricane pipeline (Graham and Thomas).

http://blogs.denverp...-forward/26891/

I like this quote from the article "But former basketball forwards with a desire to try the tight end position will always get a look."

I am assuming that Manhertz decided to give this a go and start training for it, maybe he got a push from a coach or player, and that there is a connection with the Bills that got him the workout.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I like this quote from the article "But former basketball forwards with a desire to try the tight end position will always get a look."

I am assuming that Manhertz decided to give this a go and start training for it, maybe he got a push from a coach or player, and that there is a connection with the Bills that got him the workout.

Wish him all the best

Agree completely - I'm totally in favor of getting a kid like this undrafted than spending a pick on a TE. I don't know if any tight end we draft would make much impact this year, but in a year or two? Who knows.