Improvement for 6 or so teams?

:rolleyes:

Hope as you will for a high pick. Believe TD as he postures if you choose. Call him the "heart and soul"  :D of the Bills as you deem fit, but a 5th will be about it.

This is a good article about the Travis drama, and I think that the writer is being kind.  Are you SURE he is worth the same as Dillon and Faulk?

215076[/snapback]

And since he wrote it....it must be ture.

So, it' a 5th now is it?

That would seem to be about it.

215082[/snapback]

No disrespect, but you can not suggest that the best you can get for Travis is a 5th round pick simply because Bob Matthew's ranks him somewhere in the middle of the pack. What we get for him has nothing to do with that, and in fact comes down to three things: how does he rank in the world of elligible RBs this offseason, who is looking for a RB this offseason, and of those people, who is the most stupid.

There is one in every crowd, and while we may not get a second for Travis, I highly doubt TD gives him away for a fifth. In fact, you can save more face giving him away for a fifth of good tequila than you can for a fifth round draft choice.

No disrespect, but you can not suggest that the best you can get for Travis is a 5th round pick simply because Bob Matthew's ranks him somewhere in the middle of the pack. What we get for him has nothing to do with that, and in fact comes down to three things: how does he rank in the world of elligible RBs this offseason, who is looking for a RB this offseason, and of those people, who is the most stupid.

There is one in every crowd, and while we may not get a second for Travis, I highly doubt TD gives him away for a fifth. In fact, you can save more face giving him away for a fifth of good tequila than you can for a fifth round draft choice.

215085[/snapback]

Unfortunatly we can be used as the perfect example of that. Look at the RJ and Drew trades.

Another thing I keep hearing that bugs me is that backs like Alexander, Edge and Johnson could be let go, therefore flooding the market. The thing they don't seem to realize is that if they are let go, Seattle, Cinci and Indy are then in the hunt for a RB. With all the RB's that are being let go, it is for salary purposes. Henry can be had for peanuts!

I would not be surprised at all if someone gave up a second for Henry, and I EXPECT a third.

Anyone who thinks that Henry is only worth a 5th is on some serious drugs! Like I posted in another thread, if Lamar Gordon, whose best season was 298 yards at 4.2 YPC and 1 TD, and who fumbles once every 28.5 times (versus once every 41.9 for Travis) could go for a high 3rd rounder, Travis should net a 2nd easy. I could give a rip what Dillon went for (much less Faulk and Bettis did, over 6 years ago). Now if TD is adamant about a 2nd rounder at least and no one offers one, Travis won't get traded before the draft. But like Gordon, he could be traded later-on for a 2nd rounder next year.

215085[/snapback]

If TD can't get anything better than a 4th round pick for Henry, then Henry won't be traded. Just my opinion. We're not likely to find a better back-up RB through FA or through Day 2 of the draft, plus Henry's still good insurance in case Willis were to re-injure his surgically repaired knee next season.

Hope as you will for a high pick. Believe TD as he postures if you choose. Call him the "heart and soul"  :D of the Bills as you deem fit, but a 5th will be about it.

This is a good article about the Travis drama, and I think that the writer is being kind.  Are you SURE he is worth the same as Dillon and Faulk?

215076[/snapback]

Bob Matthews wants to be Larry Felser when he grows up.

If TD can't get anything better than a 4th round pick for Henry, then Henry won't be traded. Just my opinion. We're not likely to find a better back-up RB through FA or through Day 2 of the draft, plus Henry's still good insurance in case Willis were to re-injure his surgically repaired knee next season.

215101[/snapback]

I totally agree with you. Henry is better than any back in this years draft which will be available after the 2nd round. If we can't get a 2nd for him, why trade him?

I totally agree with you. Henry is better than any back in this years draft which will be available after the 2nd round. If we can't get a 2nd for him, why trade him?

215109[/snapback]

Because he doesn't want to be here, he isn't trying anymore, he is a lockerroom cancer, to protect your teenage daughters. Anything else?

...  Now if TD is adamant about a 2nd rounder at least and no one offers one, Travis won't get traded before the draft.  But like Gordon, he could be traded later-on for a 2nd rounder next year.

215096[/snapback]

Exactly. Once the season starts, somone's starting running back is going to get injured. At that point Henry won't be a big hit to that team's cap and will fill a need, should be worth a second rounder.

Because he doesn't want to be here, he isn't trying anymore, he is a lockerroom cancer, to protect your teenage daughters.  Anything else?

215111[/snapback]

Because he doesn't want to be here: True

he isn't trying anymore: No evidence of that

he is a lockerroom cancer: Never has shown even the smallest inkling of this being true

to protect your teenage daughters: Obsessed are we?

No less than a late third IMO...

215101[/snapback]

First of all, let me reiterate that Mark "helmet head" Kelso was the main reason why we lost four straight Super Bowls.

Second, I totally agree with you. TD has taken some calculated risks that haven't worked out (just like he's had some risks that have paid off in spades), but he's not stupid. He's already said he's not giving Travis away, so if nobody brings anything to the table, Travis can sit there and mope. But I think TD will get what he wants for the guy.

215076[/snapback]

Bill et al.,

My understanding of what Henry actually said and where he is on this issue is that quite specifically he understands that he has not put up the numbers which would establish him as a top 5 back, but that he believes if he were used the way he should be he cap produce like a top 5 back.

I disagree with this likelihood, but would not say this is impossible because in his second year, I think he did produce in the real world like a top 10 back (as seen by his Pro Bowl nod due to injury where his peers and knowledgable observers gave him an honor equivalent to being one of the top 4 backs in one of the conferences.

It's hard for me to see how you can be so dead certain that if Henry were used as a 1-2 punch with an outstanding threat like WM that he would not accomplsih great things. Making it work with two backs used well is a difficult thing to do, but seems far from impossible to me. The cadillac in this regard was Miami with Csonka, Kiick and Morris and they actually used 3 RBs well.

As far as TH's views, I do not think he will be correct that he would produce like a top 5 RB if traded to the right team, but I would actually hope and demand that any athlete hae exactly that attitude and confidence in himself in order for him to actually achieve a lot on the field. I have noproblem with TH's goals and actually do not see them as unreasonable even if I do not believe them likely since he did produce well in 2 of his 4 years.

It does not make sense to me that anyone would be so certain as you seem to be in terms if the reality of his production.

Brings a tear to my eye to see Willis listed as a top 10 back.

215203[/snapback]

Doesn't it, though? Seriously......Willis is a great story. I'd have wanted him to succeed anywhere else, too, cause he seems like a truly good guy. But the fact that he's one of our own makes it all the more special. I hope he continues to succeed.

[Rant ON]

People, people, people.

I cannot understand all this talk about Henry only being worth a 3rd, a 4th, or in this case, even a lousy 5th. The guys espousing this belief obviously know nothing about making a deal.

You see, if so-and-so-GM only thinks Henry is worth a 5th, he probably doesn't even call Tom because he doesn't want to p$ss him off. As for the GMs wanting to poach Henry for a 3rd or 4th? Well you all, there is this other little factor that comes into play when making a deal:

To make a deal you have to offer the other guy something he wants!

It is not just a matter of perceived value of the acquiring team, it is also about what that player means to the team trading him. To even suggest that Henry has such little value is to assume that TD is capable of simply cutting him for cap or locker room issues - because those picks do not reflect very high expectations. To suggest this is to also tell me and other Bills fans that you would rather have a backup punt returner or LB then a 1,300-1,500 yard proven rusher backing up or competing with McGahee. And lastly, you are telling the rest of us that Henry sucks! Nonsense!

Such assertions, repeated ad-nausea on this board, are becoming ludicrous. If the rest of the league says Henry is a 5th rounder? A good GM (which TD is) says "Thanks anyway, but we'll just keep him around for a little insurance" or "call me back when you want to get serious." Bottom line, if other teams want to steal him, we keep him. WE DO NOT HAVE TO MAKE A DEAL. So stop talking about this like you have any clue. Tom wouldn't ask for a 2nd if he couldn't get a 2nd, or if he would be satisfied with less. Period.

[/Rant Off]