Greetings from a Browns Fan

Welcome to TBD forums, I have friends who now live in Cleveland that I went to high school with, and when Cleveland lost their team, I was fortunate to meet a bunch of dog pounders when they held Cleveland day at "rich stadium". They are very similar cities in so many ways, and I used to pull for the Browns prior to the Bills rise to success. You may not find much emotional reprieve here though, LOL, as its been a while since we've seen a winning record.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Bills fans. I hope it is OK for fans of other teams to visit the board. I found this board around the time the Browns hired the new HC and I was looking for some insight on Mike Pettine. I finally decided to create an account because I think this board has great football discussion. It is so much better than the Browns board which can obviously be kind of depressing, haha. Be nice with all your Browns jokes! It is kind of hard to root for them these days but I have lived here for 20 years and got sucked in anyway! We are always waiting for next year, that is our motto!

I was wondering if anyone had time to provide information on Pettine. The offseason breeds both cautious optimism and familiar fear around here. He just seems very inexperienced and we are really worried that his calling card, good defense, won't carry over to the Browns because we don't have near the talent on the DL that the Bills do. We only have a couple real playmakers on the entire D (Dansby who they just signed and Haden). I am really hoping they draft Kahlil Mack who I am sure you guys also know all about. But if they do that, then not sure what they do at QB as the top ones will be gone by there next pick unless they trade up. The QB situation here has been so dire. Wish we had taken one last year.

P.S. Sympathies on the recent loss of your owner. I admit I did not know much about Mr. Wilson before I saw a piece on him on ESPN after his death. What an amazing life story and man. Browns seem to switch ownership like they do socks.

I am planning on going to the game in Buffalo this year! When the time gets nearer I'll ask about the best section to sit in. We will wear neutral colors, haha!

My condolences on being a browns fan.

The worst football game I ever went to was the 2009 Bills v. Browns game at the Ralph. The Browns won 6-3; the Bills had at least 8 false start penalties; and Derek Anderson completed 2 passes on 17 attempts. Cleveland's punter was undoubtedly the best player that day. The game is somewhat symbolic of the futility of both franchises in recent years. That being said, I loved it when the Bills had "Cleveland fan appreciation day" during the years when the Browns were gone. I think it speaks to the fact that Bills and Browns fans are kindred spirits.

Edited by buffalonian

The worst football game I ever went to was the 2009 Bills v. Browns game at the Ralph. The Browns won 6-3; the Bills had at least 8 false start penalties; and Derek Anderson completed 2 passes on 17 attempts. Cleveland's punter was undoubtedly the best player that day. The game is somewhat symbolic of the futility of both franchises in recent years. That being said, I loved it when the Bills had "Cleveland fan appreciation day" during the years when the Browns were gone. I think it speaks to the fact that Bills and Browns fans are kindred spirits.

Was there as well. It was ready to go to OT 3-3 when roscoe Parrish fumbled a punt to put the browns into position for the game winning field goal.

Hello Bills fans. I hope it is OK for fans of other teams to visit the board. I found this board around the time the Browns hired the new HC and I was looking for some insight on Mike Pettine. I finally decided to create an account because I think this board has great football discussion. It is so much better than the Browns board which can obviously be kind of depressing, haha. Be nice with all your Browns jokes! It is kind of hard to root for them these days but I have lived here for 20 years and got sucked in anyway! We are always waiting for next year, that is our motto!

I was wondering if anyone had time to provide information on Pettine. The offseason breeds both cautious optimism and familiar fear around here. He just seems very inexperienced and we are really worried that his calling card, good defense, won't carry over to the Browns because we don't have near the talent on the DL that the Bills do. We only have a couple real playmakers on the entire D (Dansby who they just signed and Haden). I am really hoping they draft Kahlil Mack who I am sure you guys also know all about. But if they do that, then not sure what they do at QB as the top ones will be gone by there next pick unless they trade up. The QB situation here has been so dire. Wish we had taken one last year.

P.S. Sympathies on the recent loss of your owner. I admit I did not know much about Mr. Wilson before I saw a piece on him on ESPN after his death. What an amazing life story and man. Browns seem to switch ownership like they do socks.

I am planning on going to the game in Buffalo this year! When the time gets nearer I'll ask about the best section to sit in. We will wear neutral colors, haha!

welcome..

misery loves company [laffin]

I was at a Bill Browns game around 1986 in Buffalo, Rich Stadium at the time I think, It snowed a foot the night before and then warmed up to about 33 at game time. Rain/sleet all game long. Some buddies from Cleveland stayed with me that weekend and barked all weekend long They went to re-hab a short time later. We lost. Most miserable game I ever went to.

I was at a Bill Browns game around 1986 in Buffalo, Rich Stadium at the time I think, It snowed a foot the night before and then warmed up to about 33 at game time. Rain/sleet all game long. Some buddies from Cleveland stayed with me that weekend and barked all weekend long They went to re-hab a short time later. We lost. Most miserable game I ever went to.

That is about what it was like at a Bills-Browns game in 2007. Blizzard-like (Cleveland Browns stadium). I think Browns won 8-0 but it was a terrible game all-around. Maybe this year will be a good game for once! Last year was exciting game for us, but with both QBs getting hurt, it left us kind of empty wondering what would have happened if it wasn't all backups.