Texans release Danieal Manning

He will likely want near the $4.5mm he was earning in Houston.

I am not sure what he would be worth, and he didn't want to restructure to a lower $$. Being 32 is a factor, but I only question would he offer more then Leonhard?

Got to see how the leg is. Looks like he was set to make $4.5 mil this year.

I have no clue about how he is. maybe he signs a one year deal to show the leg is good. Provides a year for the Bills to figure out who is the long term starter. Is he an upgrade over Leonhard? and at what price?

Got to see how the leg is. Looks like he was set to make $4.5 mil this year.

I have no clue about how he is. maybe he signs a one year deal to show the leg is good. Provides a year for the Bills to figure out who is the long term starter. Is he an upgrade over Leonhard? and at what price?

Leonhard is an FA . And he wants to retire after this year . I dont consider him an option at all.

He was as stopgap vet helping bridge the youth to Pettines system.

Smart man good player for sure but we have A Williams to call the D back there now and he needs to step up even more this year .

If Duke Williams is not the guy then go ahead and make an offer to Manning . Folks are talking about drafting another safety , if Bills are thinking that the back end is not solid then by all means get a Veteran to hold down the fort . I would hate to see that we missed on Duke Williams and this is that year to see

Edited by 3rdand12

Leonhard is an FA . And he wants to retire after this year . I dont consider him an option at all.

Smart man good player for sure but we have A Williams to call the D back there now and he needs to step up even more this year .

If Duke Williams is not the guy then go ahead and make an offer to Manning . Folks are talking about drafting another safety , if Bills are thinking that the back end is not solid then by all means get a Veteran to hold down the fort . I would hate to see that we missed on Duke Williams and this is that year to see

If a 4th round pick doesn't become a long-term starter, I wouldn't call tha a "miss". That is the most likely outcome that late in the draft.

You hope to find starters, are reasonably happy if they are good backups and ST players and not too surprised if they don't stick around in the league very long.

I was talking about having a vet presence in camp to fight for the spot if one of the young guys does not step up or the Graham experiment does not work out. A one year deal that would allow the Bills some flexibility.

If a 4th round pick doesn't become a long-term starter, I wouldn't call tha a "miss". That is the most likely outcome that late in the draft.

You hope to find starters, are reasonably happy if they are good backups and ST players and not too surprised if they don't stick around in the league very long.

I think Williams stock dropped from Off field antics.

I realize the 4th round is a bit of wishing and hoping to develop. But i thought Duke would be a player if he kept his head screwed on right.

So if he isnt at least solid Def package material i will feel him a miss .

I was talking about having a vet presence in camp to fight for the spot if one of the young guys does not step up or the Graham experiment does not work out. A one year deal that would allow the Bills some flexibility.

I completely agree we could stand a Veteran. But Jims wheels are shot .

Bringing another in is fine with me. Is Graham that guy ?

Manning might be the option. Only Bills know at this point what they have in hand : )

Edited by 3rdand12