To fellow Bills fans on message board

Yes all GM's in this league will ignore all of their talent scouts/staff and listen to the mindless rhetoric of self proclaimed football experts on internet forums.

No offense, but you cannot expect this plan to have much of an effect.

Yes all GM's in this league will ignore all of their talent scouts/staff and listen to the mindless rhetoric of self proclaimed football experts on internet forums.

214768[/snapback]

HEHEHEHEHH!!!! :rolleyes::D

214768[/snapback]

It can't hurt and its too cold here in Buffalo to go outside and play. I've already dropped a couple of positive nuggets even I don't believe on some foreign message boards.

How's this for a form letter:

Dear Mr. NFL General Manager sir,

I am an unabashed (fill in name of team)'s fan. Thank you so much for your sage guidance in leading us to this year's (fill in team record) record. While I feel this team is very close to winning the big one with the simply awesome array of talent you have compiled and the manner in which Coach (fill in name) and staff are handling said talent, I do believe we have a gapping hole at the running back position.

I have become familiar over the years with a running back from the University of Tennessee named Travis Henry. Mr. Henry is currently a member of, I believe, the AFC East's Buffalo Bills. Mr. Henry was rated as one of the top running backs in the league after the 2003 season. He lost his starting position due to injury and the need for Buffalo's General Manger (I think his name is Terry Donahoe or something like that) to justify spending a first round pick on Willis McGahee (you know that kid from Miami that everyone thought would be paralyzed after busting up his knee in the BCS national championship game in January 2003). Anyway, this Henry kid is the real deal--he can do it all -- run for 1500, catch passes, pick up the blitz and now he has a massive chip on his shoulder. I think you should immediately call this Terry Donahoe guy and offer him our first rounder for Henry. It will be great to see Henry in (fill in team colors) next year.

Thank you so much for kind attention and your awesome performance as GM of the (Fill in team name).

(Fill in team name) Super Bowl Champs 2006! Travis Henry Super Bowl MVP.

Signed

Name

(Fill in team name) biggest fan

I breaking news today Tom Donahoe, GM of the Buffalo Bills, announced the trade of Travis Henry to _____, for a 1st and 2nd round pick. Regarding the trade Donahoe said, "It wouldn't have been possible without the support of Buffalo fans who hyped Henry on other teams BBs. I myself base my decisions on the input I get from TSW."

Arizona message board. I used thje name Jor-El

Topic: RB solution 2005

grandpa black

Hall of Famer

Member # 3457

posted 01-21-2005 08:51 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The "QB 2005" is a good thread, and some post on the RB was one there as well, so it deserves it's own thread.

Drafting a RB in one of the first two rounds would be smart. Smarter would be trading the #2 for Henry. Or we could get LaMont Jordan or S.A. from Seattle. Landing a solid FA would give us our picks and solve our RB problem. You decide, I'm all ears.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posts: 4049 | From: Illinois | Registered: Mar 2004 | IP: Logged

Plummer16

Member # 4770

posted 01-21-2005 09:00 PM

Either trade for Henry or sign Shaun. I want to use our first pick to get either a QB or a defensive player.

--------------------

www.nflcrackdown.com

If the Cardinals win a Super Bowl under Dennis Green, I will have his name tattooed on my as$.

Posts: 848 | From: Tucson, AZ | Registered: Aug 2004 | IP: Logged

kjbad

Hall of Famer

Member # 3132

posted 01-21-2005 09:09 PM

We already used a #6 pick for Ham+BRICK, not bad IMHO...Shipp may bounce back strong, who knows...but we have to try for Alexander or Jordan. Derrick Blaylock isn't a bad third option, and Rowan may be able to steal him from KC.

--------------------

"You think you know. But you don't know ... you'll never know."

Posts: 3765 | From: SUN DEVIL Stadium | Registered: Dec 2003 | IP: Logged

82CardsGrad

Pro-Bowler

Member # 1976

posted 01-21-2005 09:20 PM

quote:

Originally posted by Plummer16:

Either trade for Henry or sign Shaun. I want to use our first pick to get either a QB or a defensive player.

I may be missing something here but what QB do you believe is worth wasting a #1 pick on???

As for the RB situation, yes Shipp will be back but he is not a Jordan or Henry, and certainly not an Alexander. I would have no problem giving up a 2nd or 3rd round pick for Jordan or Henry, or doing whatever possible to get Alexander...

Posts: 1394 | From: Scottsdale | Registered: Mar 2003 | IP: Logged

mahill3

Hall of Famer

Member # 1818

posted 01-21-2005 11:40 PM

How about the great Marcel Shipp? Ok, that was obviously a joke.......yeah I'd like to see what is available in free agency.

Posts: 2502 | From: St. Louis | Registered: Feb 2003 | IP: Logged

fitz11

Member # 5703

posted 01-22-2005 10:39 AM

would love to see Alexander here, but chances are we will land Henry or Jordan, which isnt a bad thing. They are all good backs. At FB we will keep Ayanbedejo, and possibly trade Hodgins to a team for their RB or something. Not sure what we will do about him.

Posts: 465 | From: Fort Wayne, Indiana | Registered: Dec 2004 | IP: Logged

austintx

Member # 5241

posted 01-22-2005 11:09 AM

We could trade Clement, Pace, and Wendell Bryant for some running back. Or maybe trade them for a bag of chips or pretzels.

--------------------

#40 was a man who transcended this generation and will always be remembered. RIP PT

Posts: 119 | From: austin, texas | Registered: Oct 2004 | IP: Logged

Jor-El

Member # 5856

posted 01-22-2005 11:56 AM

I think that Travis Henry would be an awesome pickup for the Cards

In 2 seasons (2002-2003) he had 2794 yards rushing, 23 Td's, and 71 receptions.

He did that with a very poor OL in Buffalo

I heard that Zack Thomas said that Travis Henry is one of the toughest running backs he has gone against

He is productive, young, experienced, & tough. I would definately trade our 2nd rounder for him

fitz11

Member # 5703

posted 01-22-2005 12:02 PM

quote:

Originally posted by Jor-El:

I heard that Zack Thomas said that Travis Henry is one of the toughest running backs he has gone against

He is productive, young, experienced, & tough. I would definately trade our 2nd rounder for him

Yes, Miami is asking for a 2nd Round pick...and Miami doesn have that. So, our chances of getting him are that much better.

fitz11

Member # 5703

posted 01-22-2005 12:04 PM

**CORRECTION**

Buffallo is asking for a 2nd round pick and Miami doesnt have a Round 2 draft pick. Sorry about the mistake.

martayjenkinsfan

Member # 4620

posted 01-22-2005 12:06 PM

quote:

Originally posted by Plummer16:

i was thinking same thing

--------------------

HAVING MOSS WOULD REALLY OPEN UP OUR RUNNING GAME

Posts: 396 | From: Glendale | Registered: May 2004 | IP: Logged

cards_superbowl_bound

Pro-Bowler

Member # 1673

posted 01-22-2005 01:30 PM

quote:

Originally posted by Jor-El:

--------------------

Trample the weak. Hurdle the dead.

Posts: 1170 | From: scottsdale,az | Registered: Jan 2003 | IP: Logged

ArizonaElvis

Hall of Famer

Member # 2050

posted 01-22-2005 01:32 PM

Screw the running back desperation talk. Shipp is our future, unless you're looking for a good backup for him!!!

GO BIG RED!!!

Posts: 2533 | From: St. Louis | Registered: Mar 2003 | IP: Logged

fitz11

Member # 5703

posted 01-22-2005 02:08 PM

quote:

Originally posted by ArizonaElvis:

Screw the running back desperation talk. Shipp is our future, unless you're looking for a good backup for him!!!

GO BIG RED!!!

your joking right?

more like look for a RB because Shipp is our backup, and we should look for a starter!!!

GO BIG RED!!!

Loyal Card 17

Pro-Bowler

Member # 2230

posted 01-22-2005 08:03 PM

what is all this talk about i'm always injuried jordan for rb. forget that. everyone wants a rb. go get the steal of the fa market. anthony "a-train" thomas. he would be the back to get. offensive rookie of the year and 3 thousand yard season. he the man at a smaller price. i gaurntee he will be making some other team very happy this upcoming season. remeber you heard it from me (loyal card 17) first.

--------------------

starting qb for the cardinals

salary league minium.

let put this team where it belongs. on top.

kjbad

Hall of Famer

Member # 3132

posted 01-22-2005 08:10 PM

quote:

Originally posted by Loyal Card 17:

what is all this talk about i'm always injuried jordan for rb. forget that. everyone wants a rb. go get the steal of the fa market. anthony "a-train" thomas. he would be the back to get. offensive rookie of the year and 3 thousand yard season. he the man at a smaller price. i gaurntee he will be making some other team very happy this upcoming season. remeber you heard it from me (loyal card 17) first.

I would be happy with A-train...

--------------------

fitz11

Member # 5703

posted 01-22-2005 08:18 PM

hey KJ

out of curiosity who si the dude in your aviator?

jiffy247

Member # 5859

posted 01-22-2005 08:27 PM

as a fan to my 2nd favorite team, i think you guys should think bout A-train... you might be pleased with the results

cardiholic

Member # 168

posted 01-22-2005 08:30 PM

I would rather see Bennett than anyone. I just don't think it will happen.

--------------------

everyone else seems to be getting rid of their large sigs so I thought I

Posts: 299 | From: Effort, PA.USA | Registered: Nov 2000 | IP: Logged

kjbad

Hall of Famer

Member # 3132

posted 01-22-2005 09:48 PM

quote:

Originally posted by fitz11:

hey KJ

out of curiosity who si the dude in your aviator?

Booker T from the WWE...this was back when he was in WCW.

--------------------

DBACH1

Hall of Famer

Member # 2785

posted 01-22-2005 09:54 PM

quote:

Originally posted by jiffy247:

as a fan to my 2nd favorite team, i think you guys should think bout A-train... you might be pleased with the results

You mean A-Train who couldnt even start over T. Jones who we got rid of a few years ago.... or A-Train Mike Alstott?

--------------------

Owner/ Head Coach of the Phoenix Cards

"My Mom said she learned how to swim when someone took her out in the lake and threw her off the boat. I said,'Mom, they weren't trying to teach you how to swim.'"

Posts: 4069 | From: St.Pete FL | Registered: Sep 2003 | IP: Logged

DBACH1

Hall of Famer

Member # 2785

posted 01-22-2005 09:55 PM

quote:

Originally posted by DBACH1:

quote:

Originally posted by jiffy247:

You mean A-Train who couldnt even start over T. Jones who we got rid of a few years ago.... or A-Train Mike Alstott?

But no on Anthony Thomas.... dont like him. Id rather stick with healthy Shipp