Have you seen the 2015 FA WR group?

at that point. In 2015 when WR hopefully have developed 2013's guys, our 2014 WR, the new TE and maybe get Graham doing something - I ask this.

Is it going to be worth it? To spend an extra $6-7mm on a WR, take the cap hit for SJ13 and get the new FA maybe 20-30 more catches and maybe 150-200 yards more then SJ13 would likely give?

If it is more TDs, yes.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills can extend Dareus now. They should pay him now while the QB position does not take up huge dollars.

I would not sign Spiller to a long term deal. Let him play his final year and see if he can stay healthy. Then franchise him. Draft Fred's replacement late this year or Spiller's replacement in the early rounds of 2015 draft. Get two more years out of Spiller and then you already have his replacement just like Denver did with Moreno and Ball. No need to destroy future cap space on an aging RB.

What is interesting, is the tag number for RBs has got to be on the decline. I like Spiller but I really don't see him as a critical piece to the offense. Not that he is easily replaceable for the same exact level of play but RBs are a dime a dozen these days. You can get great production from a retread. Spiller's fast is still faster than everybody else's fast so he deserves a nice contract just not an Adrian Peterson type of contract. It'll be interesting to see how this play outs but I wouldn't cry if Spiller left.

However Dareus is a physical freak of nature that needs to get locked up this offseason. That would be a huge loss if Dareus walked. He has played in a 3-4, 4-3, Nickel, Dime, blocked FGs on Special Teams. It doesn't matter what you play he'll be out there causing problems for opposing offenses' O-Line. If he hit the open market the sky is limit on the contract he could get. You need to let Dareus' agent know that Dareus will be a Bill in his next contract whether through an extension or the Franchise tag. The Bills need to make that extension ASAP. Extending Dareus would be a great PR announcement in the wake of Byrd choosing to leave the Bills competitive offer on the table and leave town.

Edited by Why So Serious?