Reed F: Time to say goodbye to this

San-O

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If the staff thinks he has a shot at actually getting his head in the game and producing, I'd lean toward keeping him for one more year. I doubt we're paying him all that much, and I don't think there are a ton of great receivers out there waiting to be brought in as our #3 (or 4 if Aiken steps up).

It doesn't look good for him developing into a good player, but stranger things have happened.

I also don't think you can give Tucker an A. I do think he played well, to the limit of his abilities, but he is not a guy I want starting the entire season. He would be an awesome backup for center/guard.

Anybody have any problems with this:

http://www.billsdaily.com/gameday/

Not sure how many drops he had this year, but he only had like 17 receptions?

Just to add a thought:  I hope TD has learned and stops trying to

fit square pegs in round holes, and REACH while doing it.  See Coy Wire

and Ryan Denney.

213919[/snapback]

Ryan Denney played well this season. But rant on.

and Ryan Denney.

213919[/snapback]

i have a problem with it......he's only 24 and just needs to get his confidence back to make a legit contribution to this team.........everyone remembers what he did his rookie year and we all thought we had a player on our hands.......he wasn't ready to start in '03, and last year's injury didn't help......

more patience is required.......we don't need him to be moss or TO's -- just a dependable 3rd wideout who can make some clutch grabs on third downs......he will be that guy and his case of the "dropsies" will be all but a memory........

Ryan Denney played well this season.  But rant on.

213934[/snapback]

Yeah, I don't understand the fixation people have on ripping on Denney. I think it's pretty clear what kind of player he is: not a star, but a solid player against the run who can occasionally apply some pressure. Not every second-round pick is going to be a star, and compared to some I've seen in the past, this one looks pretty good.

I think some folks enjoy ripping Ryan Denney because TD traded up to get him, and then he turned out to be un-spectacular. But he does look solid now.

Kelsay may turn out to be spectacular, though (hopefully!)

Perhaps they can consider some work for him at TE, since the 2 injuries hit our TEs. He played a few snaps at TE late in the season.

Yeah, I don't understand the fixation people have on ripping on Denney.  I think it's pretty clear what kind of player he is: not a star, but a solid player against the run who can occasionally apply some pressure.  Not every second-round pick is going to be a star, and compared to some I've seen in the past, this one looks pretty good.

213942[/snapback]

Sounds like we have some Denney fans on board!

Do you actually recall him making a big play this year? Any stop when

it was required?

He is a second rounder who isn't even starting. Bills could dump him

and get draft day 2 player for less money. He's had three years.

Enough. OK, keep him as a backup.

I think some folks enjoy ripping Ryan Denney because TD traded up to get him, and then he turned out to be un-spectacular. But he does look solid now.

Kelsay may turn out to be spectacular, though (hopefully!)

Perhaps they can consider some work for him at TE, since the 2 injuries hit our TEs.  He played a few snaps at TE late in the season.

213949[/snapback]

Exactly. TD trades up to reach for a guy who is already 25 and turns out to

be a project/backup.

That's the difference between getting value and finishing 8-8, 9-7.

I bet Pittsburg if laughing there A ss off.

i have a problem with it......he's only 24 and just needs to get his confidence back to make a legit contribution to this team.........everyone remembers what he did his rookie year and we all thought we had a player on our hands.......he wasn't ready to start in '03, and last year's injury didn't help......

more patience is required.......we don't need him to be moss or TO's -- just a dependable 3rd wideout who can make some clutch grabs on third downs......he will be that guy and his case of the "dropsies" will be all but a memory........

213940[/snapback]

Also, didn't Moulds take a few years to develop... you never know.

Do you actually recall him making a big play this year?  Any stop when

it was required?

213950[/snapback]

Had a sack on the first drive of the Steelers game when they were deep in our territory.

Caught Johnson from behind on 3rd down in the Niners game, forcing a punt. Game was scoreless at the time. Niners were near midfield.

On the drive Peters blocked the punt in the Cincinnati game, Denney tipped the first down pass.

On the play before Nate Clements' INT in the Brown's game, Denney sniffed out a screen, tackling the receiver for a 3 yard gain. That made it 3rd and 15.

In the Seattle game, he sacked Hassleback and forced a fumble that PW recovered at the Hawks 15 yard line. Willis Mac scored 5 plays later.

Recoved a fumble at our 27 yard line in the Cardinals game. The play was nullified by a penalty. The Cardinals scored a TD on the drive.

That says nothing of the number of times he did EXACTLY what he was supposed to do, allowing TKO and Fletch to make a spectacular play.

Rant on.

Had a sack on the first drive of the Steelers game when they were deep in our territory.

Caught Johnson from behind on 3rd down in the Niners game, forcing a punt.  Game was scoreless at the time.  Niners were near midfield.

On the drive Peters blocked the punt in the Cincinnati game, Denney tipped the first down pass.

On the play before Nate Clements' INT in the Brown's game, Denney sniffed out a screen, tackling the receiver for a 3 yard gain.  That made it 3rd and 15.

In the Seattle game, he sacked Hassleback and forced a fumble that PW recovered at the Hawks 15 yard line.  Willis Mac scored 5 plays later.

Recoved a fumble at our 27 yard line in the Cardinals game.  The play was nullified by a penalty.  The Cardinals scored a TD on the drive.

That says nothing of the number of times he did EXACTLY what he was supposed to do, allowing TKO and Fletch to make a spectacular play.

Rant on.

214000[/snapback]

How in the world can you remember all that?

Caught Johnson from behind on 3rd down in the Niners game, forcing a punt.  Game was scoreless at the time.  Niners were near midfield.

On the play before Nate Clements' INT in the Brown's game, Denney sniffed out a screen, tackling the receiver for a 3 yard gain.  That made it 3rd and 15.

In the Seattle game, he sacked Hassleback and forced a fumble that PW recovered at the Hawks 15 yard line.  Willis Mac scored 5 plays later.

Recoved a fumble at our 27 yard line in the Cardinals game.  The play was nullified by a penalty.  The Cardinals scored a TD on the drive.

Rant on.

214000[/snapback]

Sorry Mr. Denney. Your son was a great 2nd round pick and excellent value selected in that position.

and Ryan Denney.

213919[/snapback]

Yawn....slow day at work today, I see.

Sorry Mr. Denney.  Your son was a great 2nd round pick and excellent value selected in that position.

214011[/snapback]

Excellent counter to the factual information Darin provided. You're doing a great job arguing your case.

Sorry Mr. Denney.  Your son was a great 2nd round pick and excellent value selected in that position.

214011[/snapback]

I'm not his father. I'm just not going to get caught up in the soundbyte generation of "this player sucks" because people:

A. Don't know the scheme or the player's responsibility

B. Pile on inexperienced players because of their draft position

Denney isn't a great 2nd round pick by any stretch but he's hardly the bust or terrible player that so many make him out to be. He's made significant improvement and deserves credit for it.