''Your cell phone or your life!''

i'm no science guy, but if the train is going at a fast enough speed, it's like the drafting principle in car racing, there is a bubble that forms around the car/train and anything within that bubble is 'pulled along' using the energy of the bubble. but i am surprised because being a freight train in a populated area, i wouldn't think the train would be moving that fast

Sad story, but I'm a little puzzled by the 'train creates a vacuum and it sucks you in' quote.

Edited by The Poojer

i'm no science guy, but if the train is going at a fast enough speed, it's like the drafting principle in car racing, there is a bubble that forms around the car/train and anything within that bubble is 'pulled along' using the energy of the bubble. but i am surprised because being a freight train in a populated area, i wouldn't think the train would be moving that fast

I thought that too; when I was a kid I jumped off the tracks many times as trains approached and remember the pushing and pulling of the airflow, but I presumed she was struck by the front of the train as she was picking up the phone so it seems odds to have that impact from the front.

Bernoulli's principle.

I hope no one sues him over this.