Trade HENRY and MOULDS for MOSS

STEELY11

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is close between Moss and Rice as to who is the best receiver of all time.

That said, I would not want him on the Bills because of his personality issues and the cap hit at the wr position.

214161[/snapback]

Close between Moss and Rice ....are you kidding me?

Rice is by far the better receiver, is a team player and has the Super Bowl rings to prove it. I don't recall Jerry only playing "when he wants to" either.

Moss is talented but he's such a headcase he'll never be as good as Rice.

I think it is close between Moss and Rice as to who is the best receiver of all time.

214161[/snapback]

Moss can't carry Rice's fast-actin' Tinactin, let alone be referred to as the best receiver of all time. That's like saying you think it's close between Walter Payton and Ricky Williams as to who is the best running back of all time.

Nothing personal. But there is nothing about Moss that indicates he's even in the same stratosphere as Rice, when you stop to consider careers, impact, preparation and attitude.

Moss can't carry Rice's fast-actin' Tinactin, let alone be referred to as the best receiver of all time. That's like saying you think it's close between Walter Payton and Ricky Williams as to who is the best running back of all time.

Nothing personal. But there is nothing about Moss that indicates he's even in the same stratosphere as Rice, when you stop to consider careers, impact, preparation and attitude.

214220[/snapback]

Moss had the potential to be as good as Jerry Rice (from a talent standpoint) and has put up some good seasons. But you're right, they're nowhere near the same level. If Moss could somehow radically change his personality and attitude, then maybe.

Moss had the potential to be as good as Jerry Rice (from a talent standpoint) and has put up some good seasons.  But you're right, they're nowhere near the same level.  If Moss could somehow radically change his personality and attitude, then maybe.

214230[/snapback]

You bring up a good point. Some of this is driven by what you think makes up 'the greatest receiver of all time.' If you're going to base it on catches, yards, etc. over the course of the career, that's one thing. I think you have to put in attitude, approach, commitment, preparation. When you do that, Moss falls off the map to never be seen except for some whisp of his ugly looking Buckwheat hairdo...

You bring up a good point. Some of this is driven by what you think makes up 'the greatest receiver of all time.' If you're going to base it on catches, yards, etc. over the course of the career, that's one thing. I think you have to put in attitude, approach, commitment, preparation. When you do that, Moss falls off the map to never be seen except for some whisp of his ugly looking Buckwheat hairdo...

214247[/snapback]

I think that Moss has the athletic ability to become one of the best WRs of all time. The problem is he doesn't have work ethic, attitude or HEART to do so. Jerry Rice was probably an overacheiver in terms of his accomplishments compared to his talent. Randy Moss is his bizarro world counterpart.

All time great receivers not only make the catches, yards after the catch and touchdowns, but their possitive attributes also rub off on their teamates.

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: Randy Moss.

Now if the trade was for Marvin Harrison, we'd just be discussing how it would be a trade that will never happen.

214247[/snapback]

Greatest receiver of all time definitely has to take all those things into account, and that is why you're absolutely right that Moss is not and likely never will be near Rice's level.

In big games, when the game is on the line, Rice in his prime would be out there, making the plays, whereas Moss will be there if he feels like it.

Jerry Rice was probably an overacheiver in terms of his accomplishments compared to his talent.

214271[/snapback]

Another good point. I always kind of chuckle to myself when Rice is playing a primetime game and they show a player saying his name and what college he went to. I'll look it up later, but Rice always says something to the affect of "Jerry Rice. Cornfield City Community College." Overachieving is an understatement.

I mean...it's not like he went to Kutztown State. (There's a small trivia question for Bills fans.)

Greatest receiver of all time definitely has to take all those things into account, and that is why you're absolutely right that Moss is not and likely never will be near Rice's level.

In big games, when the game is on the line, Rice in his prime would be out there, making the plays, whereas Moss will be there if he feels like it.

214272[/snapback]

Rice cared.

214272[/snapback]

Not that I'm a fan of Moss' attitude, really...but to be fair, he was out there against Green Bay on an ankle that would have sidelined most. And even gimpy, he schooled Al Harris. Of course, everyone forgets that because he overshadowed his own performance by wiping his ass on the goal post... :blink:

Point being, though, that as much of a punk that Moss is, it's not entirely fair to characterize him as completely selfish. And when he is selfish, it's not entirely fair to place all the blame on him for it, not when the coaches come up with stupid crap like the "Randy Ratio"...

Friggin' New Guys (not you, that which you responded to).

214282[/snapback]

Ah. Thanks for clearing that up, I never would've figured that one out and it would have bugged me for hours.

It was a very impressive performance by the original poster, I have to admit.

Not that I'm a fan of Moss' attitude, really...but to be fair, he was out there against Green Bay on an ankle that would have sidelined most.  And even gimpy, he schooled Al Harris.  Of course, everyone forgets that because he overshadowed his own performance by wiping his ass on the goal post...  :blink:

Point being, though, that as much of a punk that Moss is, it's not entirely fair to characterize him as completely selfish.  And when he is selfish, it's not entirely fair to place all the blame on him for it, not when the coaches come up with stupid crap like the "Randy Ratio"...

214292[/snapback]

I do give him credit for playing injured a lot of the season. The problem is, every time he puts out that kind of effort, he turns around and acts like a jackass (the display in Green Bay, leaving the field against the Redskins with a playoff spot on the line - this is the unforgivable one I think).