March 3rd mock

RD1 Sammy Watkins/Greg Robinson Everyone knows that you probably have 3 Qb's going in the top 5, Khalil Mack will NOT be available @ 9 especially with the great combine and most likely a hot pro day. Maybe if he put together an average performance at the combine he would slip to us but unfortunatly it's more then a pipe dream at this point. Before the Bills pick I see the 3 Qb's going off the board, Clowney, Mack and Gilbert which leaves 2 more players to come off the board. With a little luck the Bills leave Day 1 with a potential Elite WR or next seasons starting RT.

Trading down if those 2 are unavailable is the best choice, picking up Lewan,Evans or Ebron in the mid-late teens

RD2 Austin Sefarian-Jenkins OR Gabe Jackson

Lack of interior line in FA and draft probably means we take a guard in RD2/3 and Gabe Jackson fits the mold of what Marrone seems to like in his linemen, big mauler who will immediatly upgrade the running game. ASJ could be taken as well but if a offensive skill position is taken in RD1 I think they look to wait. ASJ is the best all around TE in the draft, he blocks well and would be a great plug-n-play for the West Coast system. Antonio Gates with better blocking=).

RD3 Shane Skov or Max Bullough (if good pro day)

Run stuffing LB'ers. Quite a few in FA but one of these young guns will be on the board in RD3 and even in a part time role would better the Bills D. Moncrief if the Bills haven't picked a WR/TE yet though im willing to bet they will already have. Strong year for TE's and WR's. get them while they're hot.

Personally if we leave with any combination of these picks I will run outside naked with a personalized Whaley bills jersey on.

I assume you live in the country or by run outside you mean to the garage and back. Someone needs to mark this day on the Hindsight calendar : )

Only reason why I wouldn't want a guard in the draft is because we should be able to get a guard in free agency with mid level money. If we spent the 9th overall pick on a RT I would be fine with that, you got a young QB who needs protection and its a hard position to find. But with the second round pick we should add a WR or Tight End instead of a guard which could be found in free agency.

RD1 Sammy Watkins/Greg Robinson Everyone knows that you probably have 3 Qb's going in the top 5, Khalil Mack will NOT be available @ 9 especially with the great combine and most likely a hot pro day. Maybe if he put together an average performance at the combine he would slip to us but unfortunatly it's more then a pipe dream at this point. Before the Bills pick I see the 3 Qb's going off the board, Clowney, Mack and Gilbert which leaves 2 more players to come off the board. With a little luck the Bills leave Day 1 with a potential Elite WR or next seasons starting RT.

Trading down if those 2 are unavailable is the best choice, picking up Lewan,Evans or Ebron in the mid-late teens

RD2 Austin Sefarian-Jenkins OR Gabe Jackson

Lack of interior line in FA and draft probably means we take a guard in RD2/3 and Gabe Jackson fits the mold of what Marrone seems to like in his linemen, big mauler who will immediatly upgrade the running game. ASJ could be taken as well but if a offensive skill position is taken in RD1 I think they look to wait. ASJ is the best all around TE in the draft, he blocks well and would be a great plug-n-play for the West Coast system. Antonio Gates with better blocking=).

RD3 Shane Skov or Max Bullough (if good pro day)

Run stuffing LB'ers. Quite a few in FA but one of these young guns will be on the board in RD3 and even in a part time role would better the Bills D. Moncrief if the Bills haven't picked a WR/TE yet though im willing to bet they will already have. Strong year for TE's and WR's. get them while they're hot.

Personally if we leave with any combination of these picks I will run outside naked with a personalized Whaley bills jersey on.

I am all aboard with this line of thinking. I don't see much of a difference between Jenkins & Ebron(I love them both so if we could possibly nab Jenkins in the 2nd & get either Watkins or one of the tackles with our first I would be thrilled. One of those guys should be there especially if the 3 Qb's are taken of the board before #9.

Niklas, who already had a second round grade, only increased his stock at the combine, where he performed impressively despite being hampered by a badly pulled groin.

Assuming he doesn't main-line heroin in front of all the scouts who show up for Notre Dame's pro day, he'll be off the board by the mid second round.

With Byrd practically gone, might want to start looking at safety talent earlier in the draft. Our secondary certainly improved last year from a DB perspective, yet without a strong FS provide over the top coverage, our secondary will be very weak this year. IMO invest early through the draft, but if young talent is available in FA, not a terrible route either

Works great till you have both tackles saying they are Left tackles and want left tackle money.

Exactly...this is why we DO NOT NEED to go with Matthews, Robinson or even Lewan @ 9. Yes, it would be hard to pass up on guys like this, but landing a big-time playmaker, on either side of the ball, is a higher priority. Now, I'm all in favor of going OL early and often, but no need to draft a LT prospect when we have a top 10 talent already there. You guys have to start looking at guys like Moses, Richardson, Britt, Bintonio, Mewhort and Turner for answers @ RT and the interior OL. All of whom can be had outside of the top 15-20 and even into rounds 2 & 3. This all points in favor to a trade back, which is my 1st choice this year.

Exactly...this is why we DO NOT NEED to go with Matthews, Robinson or even Lewan @ 9. Yes, it would be hard to pass up on guys like this, but landing a big-time playmaker, on either side of the ball, is a higher priority. Now, I'm all in favor of going OL early and often, but no need to draft a LT prospect when we have a top 10 talent already there. You guys have to start looking at guys like Moses, Richardson, Britt, Bintonio, Mewhort and Turner for answers @ RT and the interior OL. All of whom can be had outside of the top 15-20 and even into rounds 2 & 3. This all points in favor to a trade back, which is my 1st choice this year.

I agree with this statement 100%. While Robinson or Matthews are both clearly top-10 talent in the draft, what do the Bills really gain by drafting them? The Bills offensive line last year wasn't outstanding, but wasn't horrible either. I have just as hard of a time suggesting that the Bills should draft a player that potentially represents a modest improvement at a position, when there are so many other positions that have significant shortcomings. Maybe I'm over simplifying here, but I don't think there's any doubt that there's 3 QB's taken before the Bills pick at #9 in Bortles, Bridgewater, and Manziel. Buffalo isn't drafting QB early, so that's a good thing. Clowney is also a consensus top-3 pick right now, with Sammy Watkins also going within the top-7. That only leaves 4 players that they need to think about and it's pretty easy for me to pick which 4 should be considered. Khalil Mack and Anthony Barr should be priorities. The single biggest weakness of the defense is OLB and both of these guys would be tremendous additions. While some might say it's early, I don't mind Eric Ebron. Big TE with play making athleticism and another target for EJ. Last and perhaps the guy that many may disagree with the most is Hasean Clinton-Dix. Byrd is all but gone and I don't personally think that Da'Norris Searcy is "the guy" for that position.

Edited by Luxy312