NASCAR 2014 - Ch-ch-changes!

Just Jack

Something does need to be done about the actual racing, because the 1.5 milers turn into a damn conveyor belt race. Nothings worse that a race like the all-star, where there are 2-3 care better than everyone else and they just get way ahead and there's no passing. That and seeing 13/43 cars on the lead lap is worthless.

I have 2 kind of "radical" changes that might be cool. The first is regarding points. After the top 15 or 20, make tiers where everyone gets the same number. So 35-43 all get X number of points. 30-34 get a few more, etc. This prevents busted ass cars from coming out and simply turning laps. And frankly, 31st sucks as does 41st, so why should 31 get 10 more points? Both had horrible races.

The second is way out of the box, but i think it'd be cool if that NASCAR tried out an elimination system on track during an individual race. Start the race, and at the 1/4 mark, the race is yellow flagged, and only the top 30 cars advance. After another 1/4, only the top 25 advance, and after 3/4, you're down to 15-20 cars left racing for victory. It would add some spice to the middle of the race.

I've got this great idea for NASCAR: Run however many races, assign however many points in descending order for 1st through last place finish of each race, driver/car with the most points at the end of the season is the champion. Easy, huh? Kind of like every other sport.

Also, try really really hard not to change the rules during the season!