MMQB likes Gilmore

Beerball

Was injured as well and deserves the same mulligan. Don't understand why spiller gets so much flack on here. He was lights out the prior season when healthy and broke a long one this year running hobbled.

spiller pretty much showed hes one of the dumbest bills there are....cant ever learn how to let blocks develop, cant stay in bounds and run clock, cant figure out how not lose 4 yards running sideways about every third play....also cant catch very well...or block very well...or not fumble in the opening 3-4 games...or stay healthy.... bust is a nice way of putting it. Edited by enlightener

Sorry folks but if you havent noticed, Leodis has arrived.

Agree,i was really bummed when our corners were dropping like flies and we had justin rogers out there covering the air behind the jets receivers, but out of that disaster came leodis finally making things click amd aaron williams putting it all together at corner and safety. Not to mention the emergence of robey in nickel coverage. I feel like that "ragtag" group minus rogers actually took a step back when gilmore came back (until he fully recovered). Would have rather the coaches just let those guys continue to develop and wait till gilmore was 100% before returning. That being said, hindsight is 20/20 and based on his preseason and the end of last season, leaving what was possibly ur best corner on the bench in lieu of scrubs and second stringers probably seemed crazy at the time. Anyways, at the end of the day, seeing leodis williams and robey emerge during a season that was never gonna amount to much was a pleasant surprise this season.

Edited by BillsBackersChicago

Cj Spillers numbers from prior season 1700 yards w 1244 rushing.

**with Chan forgetting to run the ball in the second half of most games.

Allrighty then.

Nothing like making sure you take a dig at Chan while showing that he got the absolute most out of Spiller.

Gilmore is going to be a good CB in years to come. CB is one if those positions that generally take a few years for a young corner to master. I've seen a few posters on here dog the kid, I think he's going to surprise them. People seem to not have patients with players anymore, if they're not preforming up to standards in the first couple if years they're labeled a bust. CJ, MD and Aaron Williams come to mind.

His aggressiveness is going to be an asset soon even though it's been detrimental so far. The better this kid gets the more he'll be able to get away with, ala Revis.

:thumbsup:

Indeed, there were some people on this board who were pretty harsh on him this year. Remember, he missed a third of the season, and when he did come back, he was basically playing with one arm. And even with that, he was still decent. I expect him to make a big jump next year—as long as he stays healthy.