A wish list.....

Tipster19

Dear Santa, please no more lumps of coal. This year I would like for the Buffalo Bills to do the following.....

1. Make a few big additions in free agency. Here's a list of the targets that I would like for the Bills to acquire.

A. WR Eric Decker. Here's the big physical WR that Buffalo has been looking for. Regardless of his stats his presence alone would make the rest of the moving parts of our offense that much more effective.

B. Sign San Diego's MLB Donald Butler and pair him up with Kiko. Here 's the beginning of stopping the bleeding of our run defense.

C. Add another DE to help shore up our run defense. Enter Michael Bennett, his versatility and familiarity with Alan Branch should serve us well. We have plenty of pass rushers but we need to anchor that left side of our DL in Schwartz's defense.

D. LT? Yeah. It wouldn't hurt. What the Bengals don't retain the Bills acquire. Pay LT Anthony Collins and get him in here.

2. With their first pick of the draft (#9) the Buffalo Bills select LB Khalil Mack. Time for the Bills to get back defensively where they were about 15+ years ago and that is having some big time LBs.

3. In the 2nd rd of the draft I would like for the Bills to finally make the TE position somewhat a priority and take a pass catching TE (Jace Amaro?) for a change!

There 's more that I could add Mr Claus but I don't want to weigh you down. Keep in mind that I'm getting too to believe in you so make this year count and restore my faith in you!

Yours truly,

Tipster19

Edited by Tipster19

I think Jace Amaro and Ebron will be gone by the 2nd round and ASJ will probably be gone by our pick in the 2nd round.

My wish list is...

1. Re-sign Byrd

2. A solid OG in FA so we dont have to use a draft pick on one

3. Either Sammy Watkins or one of the 3 top TE's in the draft.

CBF

Edited by Canadian Bills Fan

I like Decker but he is more of a number 2 and will command 8-9 mil a year. The Bills need a legit number 1 WR that can take over a game and thats not Decker

How do you propose pairing Butler with Kiko? are you suggesting moving Kiko to OLB since the Bills will presumably be playing a 4-3?

I do agree the Bills need another every down DE but I dont think Bennet is that player as he wants to get paid and from what I understand is more of a pass rushing DE then every down...i could be wrong though but dont see Bills investing in another high priced DE

I also agree the Bills need another tackle but not sure why you say they need a LT unless you want to move Glenn to RT

Where do you propose Mack plays if the Bills draft him? If they move Kiko outside then they dont need another OLB so do you see him as an every down DE? I think Mack is better suited as an OLB in a 3-4

Edited by Max997

Dear Santa, please no more lumps of coal. This year I would like for the Buffalo Bills to do the following.....

1. Make a few big additions in free agency. Here's a list of the targets that I would like for the Bills to acquire.

A. WR Eric Decker. Here's the big physical WR that Buffalo has been looking for. Regardless of his stats his presence alone would make the rest of the moving parts of our offense that much more effective.

B. Sign San Diego's MLB Donald Butler and pair him up with Kiko. Here 's the beginning of stopping the bleeding of our run defense.

C. Add another DE to help shore up our run defense. Enter Michael Bennett, his versatility and familiarity with Alan Branch should serve us well. We have plenty of pass rushers but we need to anchor that left side of our DL in Schwartz's defense.

D. LT? Yeah. It wouldn't hurt. What the Bengals don't retain the Bills acquire. Pay LT Anthony Collins and get him in here.

2. With their first pick of the draft (#9) the Buffalo Bills select LB Khalil Mack. Time for the Bills to get back defensively where they were about 15+ years ago and that is having some big time LBs.

3. In the 2nd rd of the draft I would like for the Bills to finally make the TE position somewhat a priority and take a pass catching TE (Jace Amaro?) for a change!

There 's more that I could add Mr Claus but I don't want to weigh you down. Keep in mind that I'm getting too to believe in you so make this year count and restore my faith in you!

Yours truly,

Tipster19

That's putting too many resources into Lb IMO. In that scenario, we'd lose Byrd. We couldn't afford all that plus Byrd. I really like Donald Butler, but I wouldn't take Mack if we signed him, or vice versa. I'd be happy with kiko, Lawson and Butler/Mack as our 4-3 LBs. add Hughes to OLB in the 3-4. Using the FA signings and picks you mentioned, I wouldn't sign decker, I'd fill the WR spot with Watkins if he's there.. Sign Byrd, butler and Collins. That leaves another decent contract available for DE, TE or Lg. fill the other 2 with our next 2 picks.

Qb- Ej

Rb- Cj/Fred

Wr-Watkins, Stevie, woods, Goodwin

TE- FA or 2nd/3rd rd pick

OL- Glenn/FA or 2nd-3rd rd pick/woods/Urbik/Collins

DL- Mario/marcel/Kyle/Hughes-branch

LB- Lawson/butler/kiko (Hughes as a 3-4 pass rusher opposite Lawson)

CB- Gilmore/mckelvin/roby/brooks (add in a late pick)

S- Byrd/AW. Searcy and duke as backup.

Too bad Sammy will be gone. What a waste of my time lol

What you guys fail to realize is I highly doubt this team plans on spending money on a free agent of any sort.

Eric Decker is a by product of Peyton Manning, so unless we can get Manning along with Decker its a NO!

LT? The Bills have a very good LT in Cordy Glenn, and are desperate to upgrade the LG & RT positions. Draft some help for here.

I wouldn't cry if the Bills drafted Mack, as long as they fix that O line at some point, or drafted a TE with the #2 pick.

9. Buffalo Bills

Record: 6-10

Team needs: LB, TE, RT

Analysis: The Bills could use another stud linebacker to line up next to Kiko Alonso. They could also look to add an athletic tight end for their young quarterback.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000288658/article/2014-nfl-draft-order-top-three-needs-for-all-32-teams

Or, http://walterfootball.com/offseason2014buf.php

LG-WR-ILB-TE

Right Tackle: This isn't a pressing need, but Buffalo can do better than Erik Pears at right tackle. Chris Hairston is coming back next year, so he could start.

I'm not a big Decker guy...he's going to cost a lot and I don't trust his production to continue on the same level without Manning. Also, in a WR-heavy draft, I think we can fill this need without spending in FA.

That pairing would be a dream--Butler, however, is a RFA and would require compensation to sign (probably a 1st round pick and perhaps more if he's tendered at the highest level)

I could be on board with another pass rusher...my only issue is that Bennett is looking for significantly more than the $5M/year he got last off-season. I can't imagine that the team--already paying huge money to Mario, big (ish) money to Kyle, and looking to extend Dareus--is going to sink more money into the DL.

As long as Collins doesn't want LT money, I'd take him to play RT. Young, healthy, experienced, versatile...I'm on board.

A no-brainer if he's there...unfortunately I don't think he'll get past 7

Yes! TE please! I doubt Amaro makes it out of round 1...maybe ASJ is still available at pick 41...most likely we're looking at Niklas, Fiedorowicz, or Gillmore if we wait until round 2 or 3.