Anyone in the Path of Frances

Zona

Be careful and hunkerdown. Seams to me that this storm is generating some major bad Mojo, as well as high winds. It has people spooked more than usual.

I dont want to here that so and so didnt make it....

Good luck to all Florida Posters on TBD...

My Mom and Brother are safely with us in Raleigh, NC evacuating from Jensen Beach/Stuart/Ft. Pierce area (which is a likely ground zero for the eye) and driving all night-- . This is not one to be messed with at all.....

Stay safe all you transplanted Floridians...we'll be praying for you. God bless.

raliegh???? they'd probably be safer in charlotte or points west. raliegh will more than likely be in the direct path, just like i am sure richmond will be.

My Mom and Brother are safely with us in Raleigh, NC evacuating from Jensen Beach/Stuart/Ft. Pierce area and driving all night-- which is a like ground zero for the eye.  This is not one to be messed with at all.....

Stay safe all you transplanted Floridians...we'll be praying for you.  God bless.

16338[/snapback]

My Mom and Brother are safely with us in Raleigh, NC evacuating from Jensen Beach/Stuart/Ft. Pierce area (which is a likely ground zero for the eye) and driving all night-- .  This is not one to be messed with at all.....

Stay safe all you transplanted Floridians...we'll be praying for you.  God bless.

16338[/snapback]

My step daughter is in West Palm and refuses to leave. We told her to get the hell out yesterday, but she said it won't be so bad. :wacko: Today she is freaking out and all roads out of the area are gridlocked. :wacko: Told her to just get in the car and wait with everyone else, but she probably won't listen. Sometimes you really wish the kids were close by...and not just to hug 'em, but to kick 'em in the ass when they are acting like idiots! :w00t:

raliegh???? they'd probably be safer in charlotte or points west.  raliegh will more than likely be in the direct path, just like i am sure richmond will be.

16342[/snapback]

I trust nooa pooj--looks like Atlanta and Birmingham are going to get what we normally get....Frances is looking West for her victims....hopefully you guys will catch a break from the crappy week you have had...

I know, I know--they are unpredictable--but that cold front that came through last night is steering this one away from us...we aren't even in the probability chart...NOAA 5 day Frances Map

raliegh???? they'd probably be safer in charlotte or points west.  raliegh will more than likely be in the direct path, just like i am sure richmond will be.

16342[/snapback]

Luckily (for us in Raleigh & VA. at least), the latest path has Frances going Alabama/Western Georgia direction after leaving Florida...while at some point we'll get some rain from it, nothing to worry about based on latest forecast...Richmond just needs to fix itself after Gaston...

My step daughter is in West Palm and refuses to leave.  We told her to get the hell out yesterday, but she said it won't be so bad. :wacko:  Today she is freaking out and all roads out of the area are gridlocked. :wacko:  Told her to just get in the car and wait with everyone else, but she probably won't listen.  Sometimes you really wish the kids were close by...and not just to hug 'em, but to kick 'em in the ass when they are acting like idiots! :w00t:

16354[/snapback]

God bless her NC.... This one could be as strong as Andrew--it almost looks like driving South toward Miami might not be such a bad idea....

I'm in Tallahassee and directly on the path for the thang.  I plan on riding it like Slim Pickens in Dr Strangelove.

16351[/snapback]

I understand. It's of such a size, and if it's circulation isn't depleted over Fla's land mass, I suppose it could cross the Fla. west coast and pick up energy from the Gulf.

It's a terrible thing to say - let it hit east coast Fla - but if Frances somehow slipped down between Fla and Cuba and got a full shot of Gulf warm water energy - :w00t:

Ummmm....notice on the computer model it says "SUBJECT TO LARGE ERRORS- DO NOT USE FOR PLANNING". If anyone is anywhere close- be safe and get the hell out of the way. Especially if they tell you to leave. Not worth risking your life to stay and "ride out" a massive Category 4 Hurricane. I don't understand what some people are thinking when they refuse to leave.

My step daughter is in West Palm and refuses to leave.  We told her to get the hell out yesterday, but she said it won't be so bad. :wacko:  Today she is freaking out and all roads out of the area are gridlocked. :wacko:  Told her to just get in the car and wait with everyone else, but she probably won't listen.  Sometimes you really wish the kids were close by...and not just to hug 'em, but to kick 'em in the ass when they are acting like idiots! :w00t:

16354[/snapback]

I hear you . I've no children, but I made a habit of slapping sense into my many nephews many years ago. I'd be shipped off to jail these days. Even though the nephews finally got with the program and turned out ok. :wacko:

Ummmm....notice on the computer model it says "SUBJECT TO LARGE ERRORS- DO NOT USE FOR PLANNING". If anyone is anywhere close- be safe and get the hell out of the way. Especially if they tell you to leave. Not worth risking your life to stay and "ride out" a massive Category 4 Hurricane. I don't understand what some people are thinking when they refuse to leave.

16387[/snapback]

You are right on...plus this one is just massive--Hurricane Force winds 80 miles in any direction around the wall, Tropical Storm Force winds 185 miles out--that means the area that gets the eye is going to Hurricane Force winds for 10 straight hours--(Storm is moving about 16 mph)--

I'm in Deerfield Beach which is just soutrh of WPB and just north of Ft Lauderdale. My brother lives in N Palm Beach and the EOC called him today and told him it is mandatory for him to evacuate today. He, his wife, my 2 nieces and their dog are coming to stay with me tonight in my 1 bedroom apartment. Hopefully we can weather out the storm here but if not we're going to _______????????

You are right on...plus this one is just massive--Hurricane Force winds 80 miles in any direction around the wall, Tropical Storm Force winds 185 miles out--that means the area that gets the eye is going to Hurricane Force winds for 10 straight hours--(Storm is moving about 16 mph)--

16401[/snapback]

The storm is now moving 10mph so with a diameter of almost 160 miles of hurricane force winds it will take 16 hours to get through the worst of it.