Pats-steelers

I'm not so sure. Everyone seems ready to hand the game over to the pats in a similar fashion to how the colts were supposed to win in new england.

The steelers match up against the patriots much better because they can play that ball-control running game. And I think Big Ben will be able to make big plays as long as Cowher doesn't try to outsmart bellichek.

Establish the running and Force NE to put 8 in the box. Do some play-actions and get the ball to one of the receivers covered by the 5th string corners that NE has playing. It seems real simple but the Colts failed to adjust their game to the conditions/team. Just because Dungy couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag, everyone is jumping on the NE bandwagon as the perenial super bowl power that can't be beat. When a week earlier, they were supposed to get abused by the colts, who in my opinion, are not nearly the complete team that Pitt. is.

The media always overreacts. Pitt. didn't have a great game against the Jets, but that doesn't mean they won't play well on Sunday. I like Pitt's chances to hang on to the football and tire out a depleted NE defense and pull out a 27-20 win on Sunday.

Just my prediction.

Gotta disagree... I think the Pats win.

However, I was wondering when the last time a home team was the underdog in either conference Championship game...

Anyone?

212665[/snapback]

I'm thinking it was the Giants in 2000 Stevestojan. Minny was a 1 or 2 point favorite for that game.

I'm not so sure. Everyone seems ready to hand the game over to the pats in a similar fashion to how the colts were supposed to win in new england.

The steelers match up against the patriots much better because they can play that ball-control running game.  And I think Big Ben will be able to make big plays as long as Cowher doesn't try to outsmart bellichek.

Establish the running and Force NE to put 8 in the box. Do some play-actions and get the ball to one of the receivers covered by the 5th string corners that NE has playing. It seems real simple but the Colts failed to adjust their game to the conditions/team. Just because Dungy couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag, everyone is jumping on the NE bandwagon as the perenial super bowl power that can't be beat. When a week earlier, they were supposed to get abused by the colts, who in my opinion, are not nearly the complete team that Pitt. is.

The media always overreacts. Pitt. didn't have a great game against the Jets, but that doesn't mean they won't play well on Sunday. I like Pitt's chances to hang on to the football and tire out a depleted NE defense and pull out a 27-20 win on Sunday.

Just my prediction.

I've been saying this for a few days now. The Steelers are going to win.

Yeah, you also said all last week that the Colts were going to win, so don't be surprised if no one takes you seriously.

212832[/snapback]

one thing to think about - in the past 2 seasons, the patriots have been crushed only twice - by the bills on opening dayin 03 and against the steelers this year. both games were on the road against defenses engineered by dick lebeau.

I heard that no team with 12 or more wins EVER lost to a team with 12 or more losses.  So when you say it's THE MOST EMBARRASSING LOSS OF THE LAST FIVE YEARS, you'd be wrong. :D

212908[/snapback]

You're not saying what I THINK you're saying, are you? Could it have been...???

The Steelers need to pound the ball with BOTH Bettis and Staley. Defensively, put 7-8 in the box, nuetralizing the runnings game and pressure the hell out of Brady. Let him throw those quick dump passes and little else.

Pats are deserving Road favorites but the Steelers have a chance, if their dunderhead playoff Coach can stick to the plan. Run,run and run some more. Weather ( heavy snow predicted ) could play a big factor

The Steelers need to pound the ball with BOTH Bettis and Staley. Defensively, put 7-8 in the box, nuetralizing the runnings game and pressure the hell out of Brady. Let him throw those quick dump passes and little else.

Pats are deserving Road favorites but the Steelers have a chance, if their dunderhead playoff Coach can stick to the plan. Run,run and run some more. Weather ( heavy snow predicted ) could play a big factor

The local NE area sportswriters were talking about how the Steelers' O-line so thoroughly dominated the Pats' D-line in the first meeting, but that this time around the Steelers' O-line is still intact while the Pats are (most likely) without Seymour, and that doesn't bode well for NE. I see the past few weeks AND the weather telling Cowher to run, run, and run some more, and occasionally take some deep shots (McGinest said he was AMAZED that the Colts/Manning didn't attempt a pass over 18 yards last weekend). The Steelers know how to shut down Dillon, as they've held him to 57.7 YPG and a 3.2 YPC average over his career. And the Steelers can get to Brady. His O-line will have to have the games of their lives.

The local NE area sportswriters were talking about how the Steelers' O-line so thoroughly dominated the Pats' D-line in the first meeting, but that this time around the Steelers' O-line is still intact while the Pats are (most likely) without Seymour, and that doesn't bode well for NE.  I see the past few weeks AND the weather telling Cowher to run, run, and run some more, and occasionally take some deep shots (McGinest said he was AMAZED that the Colts/Manning didn't attempt a pass over 18 yards last weekend).  The Steelers know how to shut down Dillon, as they've held him to 57.7 YPG and a 3.2 YPC average over his career.  And the Steelers can get to Brady.  His O-line will have to have the games of their lives.

212937[/snapback]

That's all well and good, but unfortunately this game will be close. NE will be up by one, Pittsburgh will be driving toward field goal range with less than 30 seconds on the clock. Bruschi will get hurt. Game will stop. Replay will make it look like he snapped his leg in half and will never walk again. After skipping a play, Bruschi will run back on the field, sack Ben, cause a fumble, recover it, and win the game as time runs off the clock.

That's all well and good, but unfortunately this game will be close. NE will be up by one, Pittsburgh will be driving toward field goal range with less than 30 seconds on the clock. Bruschi will get hurt. Game will stop. Replay will make it look like he snapped his leg in half and will never walk again. After skipping a play, Bruschi will run back on the field, sack Ben, cause a fumble, recover it, and win the game as time runs off the clock.

LOL!