Top Free Agents

papazoid

Without further ado, here are Around The League's top 25 NFL free agents for 2014:

1. Jimmy Graham, New Orleans Saints tight end

2. Greg Hardy, Carolina Panthers defensive end

3. Brian Orakpo, Washington Redskins linebacker

4. Jairus Byrd, Buffalo Bills safety

5. T.J. Ward, Cleveland Browns safety

6. Alterraun Verner, Tennessee Titans cornerback

7. Branden Albert, Kansas City Chiefs left tackle

8. Michael Johnson, Cincinnati Bengals defensive end

9. Lamarr Houston, Oakland Raiders defensive end

10. Brent Grimes, Miami Dolphins cornerback

11. Eugene Monroe, Baltimore Ravens left tackle

12. Vontae Davis, Indianapolis Colts cornerback

13. Linval Joseph, New York Giants defensive tackle

14. Jason Hatcher, Dallas Cowboys defensive tackle

15. Jared Veldheer, Oakland Raiders left tackle

16. Aqib Talib, New England Patriots cornerback

17. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Denver Broncos cornerback

18. Alex Mack, Cleveland Browns center

19. Eric Decker, Denver Broncos wide receiver

20. Michael Bennett, Seattle Seahawks defensive end

21. B.J. Raji, Green Bay Packers defensive tackle

22. Sam Shields, Green Bay Packers cornerback

23. Walter Thurmond, Seattle Seahawks cornerback

24. Donald Butler, San Diego Chargers linebacker

25. Randy Starks, Miami Dolphins defensive tackle

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000314696/article/jimmy-graham-leads-top-25-nfl-free-agents-for-2014

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wish list:

- Resign Byrd (Priority number one)

- Sign Lamarr Houston. Kid is a beast and would fit perfectly into what we're trying to do on defense.

- Sign Geoff Schwartz or Kevin Boothe to play LG, which was EASILY the weakest position along our offensive line last season.

- Sign one of the many solid WRs to create even more depth at the position. I would prefer James Jones or Hakeem Nicks if the money is right, as they are in the mold of the bigger target that we've been lacking.

- Draft Eric Ebron at #9, then focus on more linebackers and offensive linemen the rest of the way.

If these things happen, and EJ develops, this is a playoff team next season.

Only person I'd would like on the list is Corey Graham because I'm a homer.

The Bills better sign Jairus Byrd sooner than later! I can see Byrd in a 49ers uniform right about now.

What makes you think that? The 49ers just drafted Eric Reid at FS in the 1st round this past draft, and by most accounts, he had a pretty good season as the starter.

No, they re-signed Moorman. I saw something that kind of gave me the impression that Carpenter might not be the easy signing that you would expect a kicker to be. He said he would be fine competing for a job (reference to Dustin Hopkins?), but then also kind of talked a bit about how his wife would have some say in the decision, and he would be waiting to see what his options are, once free agency starts. Kind of makes me a little nervous, never once did he say he would "love to come back to Buffalo", or anything like that. I may be reading too much into it... the Bills did draft Hopkins. It seems like drafted kickers, many of them who have turned into terrific kickers, seem to have difficulty sticking with the team that drafted them. Even Janikowski in Oakland had a pretty rough first few seasons...but he was drafted so high, Oakland wouldn't dare cut him on a whim.

I remember reading the same quotes from Carpenter, and I don't think you're reading too much into it. I think it's highly unlikely he re-signs with Buffalo after the season he just had. He should have no problem gathering interest from other teams, and given the season he just had, he's not going to want to have to compete for the job again with Hopkins. Then when you mix in his comments about how his wife will have a say in the decision....well, to me that pretty much screams "She's not living in Buffalo for another year."