James Morris LB Iowa

I don't know his draft projection and couldn't really find a highlight reel but let me tell you if we could get him with a third pick. He is identical to Kiko and Kuechly. A 4 year starter almost holds all the tackling records. A run stuffer. Iowa had the three best LB trio with Kirksey and Hitchens. With that I do like Mel Kipers first Mock with taking a tackle with #9 We need to beef up protection. I think with #2 pick we could also grab a good Gaurd then LB. Our receivers are fine with talent. If E.J could get that extra 2 seconds GOODWIN TD!!!!

I don't know his draft projection and couldn't really find a highlight reel but let me tell you if we could get him with a third pick. He is identical to Kiko and Kuechly. A 4 year starter almost holds all the tackling records. A run stuffer. Iowa had the three best LB trio with Kirksey and Hitchens. With that I do like Mel Kipers first Mock with taking a tackle with #9 We need to beef up protection. I think with #2 pick we could also grab a good Gaurd then LB. Our receivers are fine with talent. If E.J could get that extra 2 seconds GOODWIN TD!!!!

I agree that OT could be the way to go in round 1. I disagree that Buffalo needs to come right back in round 2 and grab an OG. I'd rather see a LB, TE, or WR in the second (in that order). I believe we could pick up a decent guard prospect in rounds 4 or 5 if needed.

I agree that OT could be the way to go in round 1. I disagree that Buffalo needs to come right back in round 2 and grab an OG. I'd rather see a LB, TE, or WR in the second (in that order). I believe we could pick up a decent guard prospect in rounds 4 or 5 if needed.

Do you take a RT at nine?

Well I disagree at TE. We have Chandler and just signed Moeaki BOTH are from Iowa which produces some of the best tight ends in the college. Another one CJ Fedorawitz is graduating this year too. He was really good at Iowa. Moeaki I am excited to see him in a Bills uniform next year. He was a big part of why IOWA went 11-2 Orange Bowl a few years ago.

This team needs one, most likely two new starting guards - your kidding yourself if you think LG doesn't need to be addressed in a huge way - and urbik is serviceable but if an upgrade is available then go with it

As to our current TEs, sure they are fine if you want big, up athletic TEs who can't really block and then drop open passes - but if you want a mismatch type athletic TE who can dominate a game, then you need to find one (and take chances in the draft) - our offenses doesn't NEED one, but what offense couldn't benefit from that type of player

We need guards, RT, a big WR and an ILB to play with kiko

As far as James Morris I know nothing about him - anyone know where he's projected to go? No highlight films out there? Talking head assessments?

Edited by PaattMaann

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2014/ILB Well hell that is a steal if he is projected at 7th. He was the heart of the top 10 defense at at Iowa. I agree RT, GAURD, BIG WR/or TE then whatever. If we could get Morris in the 7th. you wont see any difference between KIKO and him at rookie. He also had 4-5 picks this year, here is his statshttp://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/500835/james-morris

Do you take a RT at nine?

No, I was thinking more if Jake Matthews (miraculously), or more realistically Greg Robinson fell to nine...either would be too good to pass up IMO. Yes, we have Cordy at LT, but I am sure that both of these guys could be groomed at RT. Would give more flexibility to the offensive line personnel. Folks might scoff at this, but Cordy could eventually be moved inside to LG, and one of these guys could take over at LT. Options are nice to have.

Well I do love the hawkeyes but this guy started as a FRESHMAN he has 400 career tackles in the big 10. I'm not saying he is the best linebacker out there but for a 7th rounder. This year alone 8 sacks 4 picks alot of Dline dont get 8 sacks. I bet Clowney oh wait its true Clowney who has 2 sacks for the whole yearhttp://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/515821/jadeveon-clowney is gonna go 2nd overall. and 46 tackles. Morris has done 4 times his production except tackles. Which he only doubled Clowneys yea so I guess I am biased. I'd rather have someone stuffing the holes than watch a overpaid athlete play when he wants to play

One thing I did notice is they don't put tackle for losses on the stat sheet. I can't count how many times on third and short runs Morris drug a rb down like a lion does a water buffalo. I bet 20% of his tackles were for loss

Buffalo native. (Lancaster, actually) and Iowa grad here..... I love James Morris, too. I feel he will rise in stock through the combine, and others will see what he has to offer. Great kid.

And IowaBillsFan4Life.....Chandler AND Moaki....can you believe it! I hope both stick on the Bills.

Go Hawks! Go Bills!