The Longer Bledsoe Does Not Say Anything...

There will be competition at QB in the form of training camp reps.  Bledsoe will win, hands down.

All the assumptions that Donahoe is throwing Bledsoe under the bus are pure speculation.  He's indicating a willingness to get Losman's feet wet some more this year mainly to appease the town lynch mob.

No one on that sideline could ever dream of handing the reins over to Losman at the start of the season with the embarrassing showing he had in his first 4 NFL games.  All the situations were low pressure, and he looked liked a scared punk. He looked like an RJ understudy, and no team wants to advance this close to the playoffs and start over from scratch with an unknown rookie.

Those of you who want to suffer through some 3-13 and 5-11 seasons while we keep our fingers crossed that this kid will produce, will be the first blame everybody around him and then run him out of town a year later. 

A 9-3 run, after an 0-4 start without McGahee, indicates that this team is playoff calibur with the current QB and some meaningful offseason acquisitions.

212688[/snapback]

Onieda....I respect your dedication...but....

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only way Bledsoe is cut is if it happens before March 1st. He is do a roster bonus of 1 million.

If we do pay him 1 million on March 1st, does anyone really believe we would cut him. No way Ralph ponies up a million then allows him to be cut, thats just a bad financial decision. Especially if we intend to cut him after 6/1. Paying him the million roster bonus pretty much wipes out a solid chunk of what we would have saved cutting after June 1st

I also believe Drew cannot take a paycut, it would require ripping up the old contract making DB a free agent and accelerating the bonuses to the 2005 season, then developing a new contract which would essentially pay DB what we would have saved by cutting him. It would be a net gain of nothing.

Cutting Drew before March 1st saves us 1.5 mil or so, but we will obviously spend that on a backup anyways. Do we keep DB who is familiar with the system and better capable of helping JP along, or do we cut him bring in a QB who has to learn the entire system, and develope a relationship with JP.

More then likely we will go into the 2005 season with DB, and a open competition for the starting QB position.

I believe that Bledsoe deserves to start next year for this simple reason.

A 9-3 finish after an 0-4 start without McGahee.

Losman should be groomed on the sidelines and in pre-season. If a Bledsoe led team has a sub .500 record after 4 games then give it over to Losman and pray his

brittle bones don't start to splinter after he faces real NFL linebackers with a game on the line.

I also fail to see why folks are so freaked out about the QB position. JP will get a shot in competition on the field to take the starting job. If he can great, the future is now, if he can't do the job I don't want to rely on him to do it.

Bledsoe has been publicly told that the only way we can manage our QB of the future is for him to take a paycit. If he won't then adios and we have some work to do, but some cap room to work with (from good fiscal management in the past, Moulds agreeing to a paycut and some other money-saving moves like a Prioleau cut. Paying 2005 deadspace for Bledsoe is brutal and having him take a paycut and be prepared to either win the job on the field or to play the same role with JP he played with Brady is a much nicer outcome for us. However, if we have to cut him we deal with it and actually the Bills QB situation becomes a lot more attractive to any FA QBs. Signing up to a team with JP and Bledsoe means you are quite likely the disaster QB, but if I was a vet, I'd sign on to a team to take on JP with the belief that I can start over the well-regarded but inexperienced JP.

I think we're in not bas shape at QB and I am extremely comfortable with the 2 week timeline for decision-making TD gave to Mike and the MadDog.

There will be competition at QB in the form of training camp reps.  Bledsoe will win, hands down.

All the assumptions that Donahoe is throwing Bledsoe under the bus are pure speculation.  He's indicating a willingness to get Losman's feet wet some more this year mainly to appease the town lynch mob.

No one on that sideline could ever dream of handing the reins over to Losman at the start of the season with the embarrassing showing he had in his first 4 NFL games.  All the situations were low pressure, and he looked liked a scared punk. He looked like an RJ understudy, and no team wants to advance this close to the playoffs and start over from scratch with an unknown rookie.

Those of you who want to suffer through some 3-13 and 5-11 seasons while we keep our fingers crossed that this kid will produce, will be the first blame everybody around him and then run him out of town a year later. 

A 9-3 run, after an 0-4 start without McGahee, indicates that this team is playoff calibur with the current QB and some meaningful offseason acquisitions.

212688[/snapback]

Amen. I am still trying to get my head around the "pass" JP threw in New England.

I believe that Bledsoe deserves to start next year for this simple reason.

A 9-3 finish after an 0-4 start without McGahee.

Losman should be groomed on the sidelines and in pre-season.  If a Bledsoe led team has a sub .500 record after 4 games then give it over to Losman and pray his

brittle bones don't start to splinter after he faces real NFL linebackers with a game on the line.

212781[/snapback]

For the record I am against cutting Bledsoe.....simply because I dont think it saves enough money to justify having a veteran QB on the team

BUT

I have to totally disagree with Drew Bledsoe starting for this team ever again.....yeah.....we had a 9-3 record....but AGAINST WHOM? what are we going to do Onieda....pray thay that Drew breaks form actually wins some of the big games along the way?

He has broken my heart too many times....I am ready for a fresh start

I have to totally disagree with Drew Bledsoe starting for this team ever again.....yeah.....we had a 9-3 record....but AGAINST WHOM?  what are we going to do Onieda....pray thay that Drew breaks form actually wins some of the big games along the way?

He has broken my heart too many times....I am ready for a fresh start

212827[/snapback]

If Drew Bledsoe ends up as the starter again, it will mean one thing: J. P. Losman did not step up and take the opportunity he had. Bledsoe is a known quantity at this point, and I don't think there are many who think he's the guy to lead us all the way. But I don't see the sense in putting Losman out there because we're sick of Bledsoe. Drew will make mistakes and probably not perform well in big games, but what if Losman is a turnover machine? Don't think it's impossible to play worse than Bledsoe.

212688[/snapback]

Bledsoe showed everyone how competitive he is with the effort against Pittsburg. He's just not a competitive QB. Not only is he not competitive, he costs us games by his play. I was in his corner until the Pitt game. I'm sorry, but what are we really risking putting in Losman? The rewards are much greater than the alternative. Having Bledsoe fumble, get sacked, or throw a mind boggeling interception against second stringers at home is something I don't wish to ever see again. He blew it and not even his team mates are coming to his defense. We're all hoping that Losman will be ready and performs above our low expectations. We have seen what Bledsoe is capable of and what happens when he faces adversity. It's not pretty and I think that Pittsburg may have done us a favor by handing them that embarrassing defeat.

I was in his corner until the Pitt game. I'm sorry, but what are we really risking putting in Losman? The rewards are much greater than the alternative. Having Bledsoe fumble, get sacked, or throw a mind boggeling interception against second stringers at home is something I don't wish to ever see again.

212905[/snapback]

Although I agree DB didn't win us any games, No one can place the loss against Pitt on DB's shoulders alone. The enitre team forgot to show up.

Willis and OL sure didn't light up those Pitt 2nd stringers like they should of, and our D should of literally slaughtered Pitts 2nd string Offense.

That being said I am all for JP getting his chance to start, but only if he shows enough to prove he deserves to play. I'm not willin got watch JP come of age at the expense of a winning season, and from what I have seen of him he is not ready. This could change by next year, but last year he showed little beyond his ability to not slide.

For JP and our O to be successful significant improvements need to be made on the OL yet again. Each year we patch together some players and each year we can clearly see weak areas. This much was proven in games against formiddable opponents. The NE and Pitt losses had our OL guys getting there pee pee's spanked in the trenches

I have a feeling Drew was the one who set the two week dead line to contemplate his retirement.

If Bledsoe retired, I believe he is still owed the same amount of money from the Bills that he would have recieved if he were cut. If the $4 mill was a signing bonus, its all his. Unlike Rickey Williams, who is in his prime and quit to do drugs, Bledsoe is a 12 year vet who has suffered severe injuires etc etc. Its reasonal that he retire. IF he retired and signed with another club, then he would owe the Bills the money back.

I have a feeling Drew was the one who set the two week dead line to contemplate his retirement.   

If Bledsoe retired, I believe he is still owed the same amount of money from the Bills that he would have recieved if he were cut.

Actually if a player retires, his last team is entitled to request he pay back the unamortized portion of his signing bonus. However rarely does this happen, and only when a player retires suddenly and/or acrimoniously (see: Barry Sanders and Ricky Williams) does the team go after the player for the money.

Actually if a player retires, his last team is entitled to request he pay back the unamortized portion of his signing bonus.  However rarely does this happen, and only when a player retires suddenly and/or acrimoniously (see: Barry Sanders and Ricky Williams) does the team go after the player for the money.

212954[/snapback]

What he said--

If the Bills were to ask for money back, I beleive Bledsoe could claim he retired of health reasons.

What he said--

If the Bills were to ask for money back, I beleive Bledsoe could claim he retired of health reasons.

I don't believe there are any conditions, so if the teams asks for the money, he has to give it back. That being said, I don't think the Bills will ask for it back, nor do I think Drew will just give it back.

If Bledsoe retired, I believe he is still owed the same amount of money from the Bills that he would have recieved if he were cut.  If the $4 mill was a signing bonus, its all his.  Unlike Rickey Williams, who is in his prime and quit to do drugs, Bledsoe is a 12 year vet who has suffered severe injuires etc etc.  Its reasonal that he retire. IF he retired and signed with another club, then he would owe the Bills the money back.

212952[/snapback]

THere's no way Bledsoe is going to retire. He's only 32!

This speculation is very amusing. :D

CW

Although I agree DB didn't win us any games, No one can place the loss against Pitt on DB's shoulders alone. The enitre team forgot to show up.

Willis and OL sure didn't light up those Pitt 2nd stringers like they should of, and our D should of literally slaughtered Pitts 2nd string Offense.

That being said I am all for JP getting his chance to start, but only if he shows enough to prove he deserves to play. I'm not willin got watch JP come of age at the expense of a winning season, and from what I have seen of him he is not ready. This could change by next year, but last year he showed little beyond his ability to not slide.

For JP and our O to be successful significant improvements need to be made on the OL yet again. Each year we patch together some players and each year we can clearly see weak areas. This much was proven in games against formiddable opponents. The NE and Pitt losses had our OL guys getting there pee pee's spanked in the trenches

212924[/snapback]

- I dont understand what Willis could have done better in that game.....he was chewing it up on the ground....despite the fact that it was obvious the steelers were gearing up for the run and daring Drew to throw it......

- Could other people have made plays....for sure....BUT...I find that excuse to be getting really really tiresome...the conditions must be perfect.....everyone must catch balls no matter how poorly they are thrown....the running game must be working.....and on and on and on....JUST TO GET A ADEQATE PERFORMANCE....I am not talking about a 300 yard game with multiple touchdowns type performance....I am talking about something that is just basically mistake free....

- We aren't going to make the playoffs with that. I will live with the mistakes Losman makes while learning