How bout Anthony Thomas??

at 6'2 225..he's still young and a horse..has had a couple 1000 yard seasons in his short 4 year career..the only problem I see is that he believes he's a starter some where and might not wanna be a back up here. But if he adheres to a back up role getting 10-12 carries a game, why not bring him here for the right price? I can see Willis coming out for a breather and letting the " a train " take the load for a bit..kind of like Jerome Bettis and Duce staley or Warrick Dunn and TJ Ducket..let Willis take it to them most of the game, coming out from time to time..and when time is runnin short and you wanna ice the game, put thomas in to pound pound pound..

thoughts?

at 6'2 225..he's still young and a horse..has had a couple 1000 yard seasons in his short 4 year career..the only problem I see is that he believes he's a starter some where and might not wanna be a back up here. But if he adheres to a back up role getting 10-12 carries a game, why not bring him here for the right price? I can see Willis coming out for a breather and letting the " a train " take the load for a bit..kind of like Jerome Bettis and Duce staley or Warrick Dunn and TJ Ducket..let Willis take it to them most of the game, coming out from time to time..and when time is runnin short and you wanna ice the game, put thomas in to pound pound pound..

thoughts?

211974[/snapback]

I agree.... Let him be an additional bulldozer.....

Actually that sounds like a good idea. If Thomas can be coerced into playing for a team as the #2 guy, then why not go for it. Another guy to think about is Ron Dayne. He's sitting there with the Giants with nothing to do, he'd be a good change of pace RB if needed.

I don't think he'll start on a good team next season, so he would be smart to find a situation like Buffalo will have. Kind of like the way Lamant Jordan did with the Jets this year -- he'll be a starter next year after a few seasons in a good system.

I think the Steelers and Jets proved this year the immense worth of having a big bruising back as a backup. He can come in and just wreck people. He doesn't need to get more than a yard or two per carry -- just wear the defense out while at the same time giving McGahee some rest. Pitts' one-two punch is a great way to play the game.

and I'm sure Willis will miss a few games each year with injury, if this year is any sign of things to come.

211981[/snapback]

Yeah, cuz, Willis missed lots of games this year :devil:

I still think this is a great idea because we always need a 2nd RB.

Yeah, cuz, Willis missed lots of games this year :devil:

I still think this is a great idea because we always need a 2nd RB.

212214[/snapback]

He didnt miss any games but he did go down in every game....We will need a good back-up, just incase.....

I like Shaud as a #3, 3rd down back.....he's got nice speed...but if Willis goes down...Shaud just wont work...

thoughts?

211974[/snapback]

Living in Chicago I know that he's a valuable player. He'd be a pefect backup. He was banged up a lot last year because the Bears had a poor passing game and the one thing they could do decently on offense was run the ball.

I think he's a perfect fit for a backup.  One question...can he catch the ball out of the backfield?

212837[/snapback]

I followed the "A-Train" since his days donning the maze and blue at THE University of Michigan! MAN would he be a perfect fit in Buffalo! Catch/pass/block, start if asked, he can do it all and is still young! Sign him up!

He didnt miss any games but he did go down in every game....We will need a good back-up, just incase.....

212541[/snapback]

who did we have to step in for McGahee when he was injured IN EVERY GAME??

a 3rd string RB. i like him, but hes not an everydown back. and really limits our playcalling on those plays.

I like Shaud as a #3, 3rd down back.....he's got nice speed...but if Willis goes down...Shaud just wont work...

212541[/snapback]

Why not???? What proof do we have that he won't be able to get the job done? I think Shaud has earned himself the number 2 spot, plus he's cheap.

But A-Train wants to be a starter and that's why he wants out of Chicago ----you think he wants to share the rock in Buffalo???

212868[/snapback]

exactly. We don't need another angry RB. I like Shaud b/c he's gonna work hard to get noticed around the league.