New Stadium Technology In Miami

Small consolation after missing the playoffs in part because we whupped 'em, but Fish fans can expect new technology in their stadium next season:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/darrenheitner/2013/12/30/miami-dolphins-lose-on-field-but-win-with-new-qualcomm-location-driven-partnership/?partner=yahootix

”What we’ve found is that the Dolphins are very innovative and willing to try out new technologies and experiences,” explained Brian Dunphy, Qualcomm Sr. Director Business Development to FORBES. ”A lot of times we’ll go into these conversations and it is kind of like we are talking another language. With the Dolphins, they’ve gotten it.”

Dunphy says all teams have the same problem — they do not have a clear understanding of who is actually attending their games and are experiencing trouble filling their seats. Teams are not only competing against each other on the field, they are competing against the HD TV and comfortable couch sitting at home. Providing a more personalized experience to the fan is at least considered a noble effort to drive more fans to the game.

Wonder if Brandon speaks "Gimbal beacon?"

Small consolation after missing the playoffs in part because we whupped 'em, but Fish fans can expect new technology in their stadium next season:

http://www.forbes.co...artner=yahootix

[/background][/size][/font][/color]

Wonder if Brandon speaks "Gimbal beacon?"

That should make those empty "sold out" orange seats happy!

This is part of a league-wide rollout. The NFL has a gleam in their eye for fans bringing their tablets, laptops, etc to the games so they can look at "exclusive content", like game film snapshots and stats for fantasy players. Obviously it won't be free. The league's been getting the technology and software stuff worked out over the last year or so. Probably will take another year for the full roll out.

It makes sense that they want to know who their fans are in Miami... The stadium doesn't fill up until maybe halftime AND then only if the Felons are winning. Such tech makes sense with one of the most fickle and fair-weather fan bases. I thought that they didn't get to pass all the free tickets out to the grade schoolers and prisoners that were bused in for the game until about halftime.

Great idea... Great tech... Go right to ground zero were it can be utilized and studied the best: Miami! No wonder "they get it down there." The organization has been spending many years figuring out their mystery fan base, now they have powerful tech to help out!

This is part of a league-wide rollout. The NFL has a gleam in their eye for fans bringing their tablets, laptops, etc to the games so they can look at "exclusive content", like game film snapshots and stats for fantasy players. Obviously it won't be free. The league's been getting the technology and software stuff worked out over the last year or so. Probably will take another year for the full roll out.

So what's your point about Miami? 2 graders, prisoners, and ex-felons (Dolphin fan base) don't own tech. ;-) ;-P

Till I see some TAILGATE PROOF Laptops & Tablets, I don't see this happening in BUF. IF the terrorists ever perfect a Laptop/Tablet bomb, you won't be able to get them through security.

When you go to board a plane they xray those devices and look very closely at them. I've even had to fire mine up a few times so they could see it working. I can't imagine stadium security turning into what they do at airports, it would take forever to get into the stadium. They would have to provide (well rent, this is the NFL after all) devices somehow. Are they going to allow people to bring their own tablets etc. into the Miami stadium I wonder? Sure seems like a terrorists wet dream, particularly with it being televised live.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I want in game push button replays on my phone.

So in the app you see the last plays and you push a button to get a replay on your device.

When you're at a game you miss so much of the game because sitting in a stadium is the worst way to actually watch an NFL game.

It would actually be very simple to do this and you can use various mobile technologies to Geo-Fence if you want.

It would add to my game day experience.

I still would go to no more than 2 or 3 game a season though.

Edited by Why So Serious?

I want in game push button replays on my phone.

So in the app you see the last plays and you push a button to get a replay on your device.

When you're at a game you miss so much of the game because sitting in a stadium is the worst way to actually watch an NFL game.

It would actually be very simple to do this and you can use various mobile technologies to Geo-Fence if you want.

It would add to my game day experience.

I still would go to no more than 2 or 3 game a season though.

They could do like they do in airplanes I guess and mount screens on all the (non bench) seats. Maybe seasons holders always are active, and everyone else swipes a credit card to activate theirs. To do that with phones would require all the phone providers to provide lots of data access to each stadium and would really burn through peoples data plans as well.

They could do like they do in airplanes I guess and mount screens on all the (non bench) seats. Maybe seasons holders always are active, and everyone else swipes a credit card to activate theirs. To do that with phones would require all the phone providers to provide lots of data access to each stadium and would really burn through peoples data plans as well.

Part of the system would be Wifi in the stadium. Which is cheap and easy and doesn't use a data plan.

Mounting screens is not for many reasons (weather, out dated as soon as they are installed, wiring) not to mention no one wants to use them. They want to use their phone.