Exhaustive film study: EJ's strengths and weaknesses

l< j

What does he do well? Anything?

Two things stand out to me in the extremely limited body of work to date:

He runs a very good two minute offense

He makes very good in game adjustments and uses those adjustments to set up defenses. He seems to have an understanding of what defenses are trying to do and he has taken advantage of that. While the lion's share of credit for that would go to Hackett, it's still the QB's job to execute.

Unlike some around here, I like his commitment to his progressions, however impatient and/or non-confident he is at the moment. His pocket issues relative to that impatience will only improve with more experience. As will his confidence. The biggest factor impacting both issues has been the start and stop nature of his rookie season due to injury. He's GOT to stay on the field to give himself a chance.

GO BILLS!!!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fans have the luxury of living in a fantasy world, where multiple QBs can be developed as starters. Unfortunately, this isn't possible in the context of any pro football program.. you can have multiple vets competing for the same spot, but the amount of work needed to get just one young man up to par cannot be duplicated.. there just aren't enough opportunities to give two men the same attention

One of my favorite ironies here is that Manual even as a rookie looks like the second best QB in the division. Tannehill led a team that had total control of their playoff fate and they simply sucked against the Bills last week and laid another offensive egg at home today.

I think people make arguments just to make them. Whenever someone suggests taking a QB in the upcoming draft (not necessarily in the 1st but 4th or earlier) some guy will inevitably chime in with the mind numbing "So you just keep drafting til you get a guy that kills it as a rookie" line. If you are or have been that guy I mean no offense, but I am curious how it escapes you that you can draft a rookie, have him sit for a year while you play the other guy. Thus, the real question should be "so you're just going to keep drafting until you get a guy who is good in his first 1.5-2 years?" That is the right question.

2013 Passer rating:

#40- Ryan Fitzpatrick

#50 - Thad Lewis

#51 - EJ Manuel

EJ MANUEL will be lucky to crack the Top 20. he will NEVER be a Franchise QB.

You realize that P.Manning is only #14 on that list.

On the list of qualifying QBs, EJ is #30......no reason to think he needs to be lucky to crack the top 20 IMO.

Edited by Dibs