If we win these next three games...

Wesdawg

1) Losing out probably means EJ has mailed it in and is not necessarily the guy and looking for another QB is in play.

2) Winning out means EJ probably played well enough to carry them, as most of team is playing not to get hurt at this point.

Anything in the middle makes the offseason decision making a mess once again. I almost hope they lose out so they go get Cutler and Clowney. Now you got a team.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Losing out probably means EJ has mailed it in and is not necessarily the guy and looking for another QB is in play.

2) Winning out means EJ probably played well enough to carry them, as most of team is playing not to get hurt at this point.

Anything in the middle makes the offseason decision making a mess once again. I almost hope they lose out so they go get Cutler and Clowney. Now you got a team.

Do we really have a shot at Cutler?

My excitement for next season will have nothing to do whatsoever with what our record ends being this season. I've officially entered "whatever, the worse they finish, the better the draft pick" mode for 2013. What else is new. And in fact, I'll probably be more excited with their higher draft pick than I would be about their crappy 14th overall pick (were they to win out) come May anyway.

I'm kind of with you. My excitement for this year was largely centered on the "fresh start." A new staff, 1st round QB, some new playmakers, etc... With that being said I feel as if they have regressed throughout the course of the year. I have been in the "wait and see" camp on EJ but the more I see the less I like it. I don't think that he sees the field quickly enough and he has accuracy issues. He seems like a great guy but I am not sure that he is the answer. The staff has its share of well documented flaws and they haven't been able to consistently get the ball to their new playmakers. This year went from promising to scary IMO and I am hoping that a few more changes may stimulate the turnaround. I don't need a few late season wins to feel all warm and fuzzy (especially if it leads them to believe that certain guys that can't play- can play).

Edited by Kirby Jackson

It would make a huge difference for me. Especially with the Jags and pats* game. I haven't seen EJ play good on the road yet. If he plays well in those two road games for us to get 2 wins, that would make me feel a lot better since their "franchise" qb is making strides. I expect him to play at least ok at the phins game. He plays fine at home usually. Not sure if we will win that game, but EJ should be ok. It is the away games that I am worried about.

we have no shot at cutler. he will be a titan. he attended vanderbilt.

No way are the titans going to want him. They are sitting pretty good at QB. Adding cutler wouldn't do them any good.

Texans/vikings/jax etc seems like more likely places. Places that are in QB trouble. Locker was looking pretty good this season until getting hurt, and fitz isn't playing bad for a backup.

I'm kind of with you. My excitement for this year was largely centered on the "fresh start." A new staff, 1st round QB, some new playmakers, etc... With that being said I feel as if they have regressed throughout the course of the year. I have been in the "wait and see" camp on EJ but the more I see the less I like it. I don't think that he sees the field quickly enough and he has accuracy issues. He seems like a great guy but I am not sure that he is the answer. The staff has its share of well documented flaws and they have been able to consistently get the ball to their new playmakers. This year went from promising to scary IMO and I am hoping that a few more changes may stimulate the turnaround. I don't need a few late season wins o feel all warm and fuzzy (especially if it leads them to believe that certain guys that can't play- can play).

How much of the problem is with the coaches, and how much is having the wrong players?

If we win the last 3 games I'll go into the off season feeling like this team has turned the corner & expecting playoffs next year.

But is that realistic? The only way I'll feel that way is if we beat the Patriots in our season finale.

How much of the problem is with the coaches, and how much is having the wrong players?

I don't know honestly. I don't think that you can win without a QB period and I don't think that they have one. I am okay with Marrone and Pettine, don't like Hackett and I think that Crossman is incompetent. I guess that I will try to put %'s on it:

- QB 30%

- play calling 18%

- Huge mistakes 15%

- Oline 10% (primarily LG)

- good players w/ bad years (CJ, Gilmore) 10%

- injuries 10%

- run defense 4%

- ST 3%

Something like that I guess. Obviously there is some crossover in categories.

But is that realistic? The only way I'll feel that way is if we beat the Patriots in our season finale.

It wouldn't be impossible. We came pretty close the last time, and they had wilfork and mayo back then. We have a lot of young players on the team, some of them could "turn the corner" any day now and have a break out game. Of course, some of them could become total busts.

Right now patriots have one of the worst run defenses in the nfl, and we have one of the better run games. If we run the ball down their throats and play better on defense, I say we have a shot. Not a good one, but a realistic one. Especially now that Gronk is out

My excitement for next season will have nothing to do whatsoever with what our record ends being this season. I've officially entered "whatever, the worse they finish, the better the draft pick" mode for 2013. What else is new. And in fact, I'll probably be more excited with their higher draft pick than I would be about their crappy 14th overall pick (were they to win out) come May anyway.

My sentiments exactly.. This team is still lacking talent in key areas and we need to bring in a few more horses to become a worthy playoff contender. Best I see the Bills doing is winning 2 more; I think a single win is more likely.

I don't know honestly. I don't think that you can win without a QB period and I don't think that they have one. I am okay with Marrone and Pettine, don't like Hackett and I think that Crossman is incompetent. I guess that I will try to put %'s on it:

- QB 30%

- play calling 18%

- Huge mistakes 15%

- Oline 10% (primarily LG)

- good players w/ bad years (CJ, Gilmore) 10%

- injuries 10%

- run defense 4%

- ST 3%

Something like that I guess. Obviously there is some crossover in categories.

When I first looked this over, I thought you were off base. Then when I really thought about it, I would have to agree. I would add in there that there were too many young/inexperienced people (coaches and players). I wouldn't include that in your percentages, I think it is good the way it is. But maybe like an underlying issue that should fix itself as time goes on.... hopefully

It wouldn't be impossible. We came pretty close the last time, and they had wilfork and mayo back then. We have a lot of young players on the team, some of them could "turn the corner" any day now and have a break out game. Of course, some of them could become total busts.

Right now patriots have one of the worst run defenses in the nfl, and we have one of the better run games. If we run the ball down their throats and play better on defense, I say we have a shot. Not a good one, but a realistic one. Especially now that Gronk is out

And yet it would take a small dose of divine intervention for us to win.

well I think we all know that the bills are capable of beating the Jacksonville Jaguars and Miami doesn't really play well in cold weather next week but we all know the bills are going to( s*** the bed) up in New England when they play the Patriots in 3 weeks.

Another 6 and 10 season drafting like 8th -10th.

Yes. If the Bills win the next three games it will be a huge step forward. They will have held there own in the AFC East. That is huge. EJ will have taken a big forward step. They would finish the season on a three game winning streak. They will still be in a position to get significant help in the draft and they will be a place that veteran free agents will consider. In my opinion they will have had a successful season.

I agree except for the successful season part. I'd love to see a strong finish but it still was a season of missed opportunity. I feel pretty good about the Dolphins game right now.....but Jax and NE are playing good football. If they come out and beat Jacksonville I would expect a lesser effort at home next week. Variable effort is the trademark of a "quit" football team. The tail has been wagging the dog since the Pittsburgh game, Marrone appears to be along for the ride at this point.