Its a passing league...right?

thewildrabbit

Whats your thoughts on the Monday night game where Dallas rushed for almost 200 yards, had a 7.1 ypc and still got smoked by the Bears?

The Cowboys have the leagues worst defense and leagues worst defensive coordinator in Monte Kiffin. This guy could give Dave Wannstedt a run for his money on who is the worst. :w00t:

"The Cowboys have surrendered 490 or more total yards five times in their last 10 games and have forced just six turnovers in their last five. They rank last in the NFL in passing yards allowed (3,880), second-last in touchdowns given up through the air (26), 28th in rushing yards surrendered (1,669), 25th in touchdowns yielded on the ground (14) and 30th in average rushing YPC (4.8)."

"Bottom line: Don't even dream about putting the Cowboys DST in your (fantasy) lineups." :worthy:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/page/DAL/dallas-cowboys

Not to mention the leagues worst owner / president / GM in Jerry Jones who fired DC Rob Ryan to hire DC Kiffin

I've posted this 100 times and you can apply it here.

No QB that has lead the NFL in passing yards has won a SB.

Passing for 500 yards does not guarantee you anything.

I've seen you make this point a few times now and each time I wonder "What exactly are you meaning & to whom?".

Though there may be a minority of people who just want to see passing yardage.......generally, most people understand that you need top tier QB play to win the SB, not large passing yardage numbers.

bills fan 4 ever: interesting. but just b/c it hasn't happened doesn't prove cause/effect.

that's correct, but there is a pattern one can not ignore.

P Manning leads the league in passing yards, As the weeks roll by I feel the Broncs have a diminished chance of even getting to the big dance.

I've seen you make this point a few times now and each time I wonder "What exactly are you meaning & to whom?".

Though there may be a minority of people who just want to see passing yardage.......generally, most people understand that you need top tier QB play to win the SB, not large passing yardage numbers.

just a statement not intended for anyone specific.

My meaning .... You can't go into a Championship game with a one sided offense.

If that's all a team does it makes it easier for a good D to defend.

Whats the saying? (the beginning varies) Offense sells tickets but Defense wins Championship

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

So, how did the 6-7 Chargers manage to beat the best team in the AFC?

Chargers vs. Broncos 2013 final score: San Diego controls clock in win, 27-20

Peyton Manning was kept off the field in a game the Chargers controlled offensively to keep their season alive.

http://www.sbnation....3-results-score

The lowly third place Chargers just knocked off the AFC West Division leaders that was the best team in the AFC at 11-2, and they manged to beat them in Denver!

A new San Diego coaching staff with new HC Mike McCoy who just happens to be the ex OC of last years Broncos.

I was rooting for the Broncos to win because I don't want the Patriots to get home field throughout the playoffs. Although, I just couldn't help but admire how the Chargers kept the ball away from Manning, and his high powered offense by playing ball control offense with the running game.

I think we've learned as Bills fans that, while the league has moved towards passing every year, if you can't stop the run you're going to lose...A lot...The Broncos run D was pitiful...As a Bills fan I can say...been there...done that... ;)

SD has been a good team all year and has lost some close games at the end as well as beaten some really good teams = Colts, KC, Denver, Phil... they have a really good offense despite tons of WR injuries. Their defense has been shaky many times this year and their secondary is very questionable, now that Donald Butler is back (he pulled a Byrd-esque injury as he wants a new contract) they have been better. They have an easier remaining schedule than Ravens and would not be surprised to see them make the playoffs. I don't expect it though, next year is more likely.

SD has been a good team all year and has lost some close games at the end as well as beaten some really good teams = Colts, KC, Denver, Phil... they have a really good offense despite tons of WR injuries. Their defense has been shaky many times this year and their secondary is very questionable, now that Donald Butler is back (he pulled a Byrd-esque injury as he wants a new contract) they have been better. They have an easier remaining schedule than Ravens and would not be surprised to see them make the playoffs. I don't expect it though, next year is more likely.

What I see this year from last year from the Chargers, and their new coaching staff is that they addressed some of their biggest team needs in the draft and free agency.

Phillip Rivers has done a 180 from what we all saw last season in terms of turnovers with 15 fumbles last year, and only 2 this year. 3606 total passing yards, and already has over 4000 yards this year.

2013, 28 TD's vs 9 INT's, only 26 sacks and 106.9 QB rating. He was sacked 49 times last year. I think that adding RT JD Fluker & WR Keenan Allen in the draft really helped that offense.

What I see this year from last year from the Chargers, and their new coaching staff is that they addressed some of their biggest team needs in the draft and free agency.

Phillip Rivers has done a 180 from what we all saw last season in terms of turnovers with 15 fumbles last year, and only 2 this year. 3606 total passing yards, and already has over 4000 yards this year.

2013, 28 TD's vs 9 INT's, only 26 sacks and 106.9 QB rating. He was sacked 49 times last year. I think that adding RT JD Fluker & WR Keenan Allen in the draft really helped that offense.

Actually, they addresses the CB position in FA and Derek Cox is now on the bench after signing a pretty big deal. They have a ton to fix on the defense in the off season. Donald Butler is in a Byrd situation. Still surprised they traded up for Teo and passed on Kiko. Teo was hurt much of the season but he isn't as good of an NFL LB. I think they are in very good hands with the GM and HC though. They will likely lose Whisenhunt to a HC job, but as McCoy is an offensive coach and think they'll be fine with whoever they get to replace him. The Rivers turnaround is amazing.