Is Anthony Barr Really That Good?

Rob's House

Aaron Maybin 2.0, will get swallowed up at the next level. he needs to add at least 15-20 lbs

I wish the mods could play the word Maybin and Hardy. It's 2014 there will never be another Maybin. There will never be another Hardy.

There will be more busts but we don't always have to go there.

I wish the mods could play the word Maybin and Hardy. It's 2014 there will never be another Maybin. There will never be another Hardy.

There will be more busts but we don't always have to go there.

There will be many more Maybin's and Hardy's. Many athletes that teams fall in love with because of their height or speed or colossal numbers against poor competition. Player's in the draft are always compared to previous players by many people including analysts and scouts. That doesn't mean the comparison has to be a glowing one.

There will be many more Maybin's and Hardy's. Many athletes that teams fall in love with because of their height or speed or colossal numbers against poor competition. Player's in the draft are always compared to previous players by many people including analysts and scouts. That doesn't mean the comparison has to be a glowing one.

It happens all too often and is 99.99999% of the time a horrible comparison.

It is sensationalism that has been overdone. Its just plain Stewpid and this point in time.

Anthony Barr is not Maybin 2.0

Mike Evans is not Hardy 2.0

Stop IT!

Edited by Why So Serious?

It happens all too often and is 99.99999% of the time a horrible comparison.

It is sensationalism that has been overdone. Its just plain Stewpid and this point in time.

Anthony Barr is not Maybin 2.0

Mike Adams is not Hardy 2.0

Stop IT!

Mike Evans I believe you mean and how do you know?

The name comparison is the easy way for people to say that they think the player will be a bust. There are several examples every year of busted picks in the first round. These players happen to fit the size/speed comparisons of maybe and hardy and are referred to as hose type of players.

Edited by section122

This is also the board that said Von Miller was Maybin 2.0

Some did and some didn't. Sweeping generalizations about the board can't really be made. Look at Johnny Football. Some will be right about him whether he busts or becomes a superstar. There were many arguing here that Miller would turn out great. Just like in this very thread there is someone saying that Barr is better than others of us suspect.

Some did and some didn't. Sweeping generalizations about the board can't really be made. Look at Johnny Football. Some will be right about him whether he busts or becomes a superstar. There were many arguing here that Miller would turn out great. Just like in this very thread there is someone saying that Barr is better than others of us suspect.

True true…..

My favorite were the ones that would have renounced their fanship if we would have drafted Cam Newton in that draft!!!!

True true…..

My favorite were the ones that would have renounced their fanship if we would have drafted Cam Newton in that draft!!!!

Oh man did I want him to somehow fall to us! Freaking Andrew Luck staying in school! That said I was in the Dareus over Miller camp as I thought he was more of what we needed. I did actually opine about how great I though JJ Watt was and that he would have been a great target in a trade down. Looking at that draft in hidsight it has to rival some of the best in NFL history. Of the top 18 picks I think it could be said that 14 of them are good to great players in this league. The only exceptions being Locker, Gabbert, Ponder, and Tyron Smith. The top 7 picks from that draft just 3 years ago have all already made the Pro Bowl!

Oh man did I want him to somehow fall to us! Freaking Andrew Luck staying in school! That said I was in the Dareus over Miller camp as I thought he was more of what we needed. I did actually opine about how great I though JJ Watt was and that he would have been a great target in a trade down. Looking at that draft in hidsight it has to rival some of the best in NFL history. Of the top 18 picks I think it could be said that 14 of them are good to great players in this league. The only exceptions being Locker, Gabbert, Ponder, and Tyron Smith. The top 7 picks from that draft just 3 years ago have all already made the Pro Bowl!

I forgot why I have underlying disgust for Luck.

Thats right it was supposed to be

1.01 Andrew Luck Carolina Panthers

1.02 Von Miller Denver Broncos

1.03 Cam Newton Buffalo Bills

:cry:

I forgot why I have underlying disgust for Luck.

Thats right it was supposed to be

1.01 Andrew Luck Carolina Panthers

1.02 Von Miller Denver Broncos

1.03 Cam Newton Buffalo Bills

:cry:

LMFAO. That's right. Sometimes in life, its better to be lucky than good. Or "timing is everything"; or whatever. :bag:

Click here to

. This is why he's neck and neck with Mack on our OLB43 board. That's called "running the circle", and Nobody Wagons the Circle like Anthony Barr--even Mack.

Running the circle is my least favorite pass rush move by far. Give me a bull rush, spin move, up and under, anything but a circle around and hope the qb has held the ball for way too long.