The Rebuilding Year Progress Thread

KikO M G

Each situation is different. The Colts managed a one year turnaround but they had got veteran winners on that team. The difference between the Colts last year and the Bills this year is they won close games which we lost, a lot of their wins last year were by one score (that and they didn't lose their rookie Quarterback for four games) and I think that has to be in part down to the fact that a lot of the guys on that team last year had been there through the Payton winning years.

That said I don't think that that the Bills are in full "rebuild" mode this year. There is too much talent on this team to hold that up as an excuse. At the same time the fact that we haven't managed a complete one year turn around that we might all have hoped for (unless we win out and scrape into the play-offs) doesn't necessarily mean that this new regime is doomed to failure, Look at Carolina who have taken a few years but are now on the right path as an example sometimes it is a slower process than we would all like in an ideal world.

Just because the last couple of franchise reboots haven't ever gone on from the first year doesn't mean this one won't. I've only followed closely enough to properly comment on the Jauron and Gailey eras, and personally I feel much more positive about this coaching staff's chances of making it stick than I did with either of those staffs.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bruce Arians coached that team for most of the year and no offense to Chuck Pagano, but Arians may turn out to be a better head coach. Still a rookie coach and QB.

The question is does that count as two instances in this argument? I say YES because it means I am even more right. What do you think? :thumbsup:

There's ZERO chance that the Bills draft a quarterback early next year. Maronne got his guy in Manuel this last year. The front office isn't going to simply write him off and move on if he has growing pains in every one of the last 5 games.

If "Pittsburgh" EJ shows up over these last 5 games they will.. Saying there's zero chance just makes you look silly. This isn't the old CBA where a team became tied-down by a 1st round contract.

So you think EJ Manuel and Andrew Luck are of the same caliber player. Got it.

He never said that. You asked for someone to show you a particular situation and he did.