Recent car sale - problem with buyer

SouthernMan

Seriously that is the best comment in this thread.  I don't know the way the law works on that issue.  I do know, however, that as a general rule if you're ever worried about getting sued for something, it's not a good idea to post anything about it on a public internet message board.  It's called an admission - it doesn't matter if you're outright admitting liability, the term is construed broadly to encompass the kinds of statements you've been making.  It can and will be used against you in court, and you have only yourself to blame.

210514[/snapback]

I think the guy would have to do some pretty extensive investigation work to track down a post on a random internet message board.

As much as we like to think TSW is the center of the universe, it just isn't so. :D

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the guy would have to do some pretty extensive investigation work to track down a post on a random internet message board.

As much as we like to think TSW is the center of the universe, it just isn't so.  :D

210635[/snapback]

those lawyers trying to sue me over the Smarty Jones domain found us and contacted the mods! (seriously)

Scott built TBD... it can't be stopped.

those lawyers trying to sue me over the Smarty Jones domain found us and contacted the mods! (seriously)

Scott built TBD... it can't be stopped.

210661[/snapback]

Maybe because they went to my site and typed in your name and the domain name and got to the threads about domain squatting. Real tough sleuthing.

As much as we like to think TSW is the center of the universe, it just isn't so.  :D

210635[/snapback]

Actually he could just ask for the original poster to produce his computer files. His post should appear there. Pretty common stuff. Not likely in such a small-stakes case, but you get the point - don't make a habit out of posting stuff like this when you're about to get sued.