With All The Talk Of Trades

H2o

Most teams in the NFL stockpile talent.

But, the better teams stockpile picks. The team that continuously draft great replacements for their high price veterans will always beat out the teams that sign away those high priced veterans. This is how the rich stay rich (NE) and the poor stay poor (MIA). Truth is, it's not realistic thinking we're going to resign all our 1st and 2nd round picks plus the others who make it big (like K Williams and SJ). You might as well get something for the in return. This is going to become even more painfully apparent if EJ becomes elite and starts asking for elite money.

Edited by kas23

But, the better teams stockpile picks. The team that continuously draft great replacements for their high price veterans will always beat out the teams that sign away those high priced veterans. This is how the rich stay rich (NE) and the poor stay poor (MIA). Truth is, it's not realistic thinking we're going to resign all our 1st and 2nd round picks plus the others who make it big (like K Williams and SJ). You might as well get something for the in return. This is going to become even more painfully apparent if EJ becomes elite and starts asking for elite money.

The better teams keep their talent and let the guys they missed on leave. New England keeps guys and they leave on the downside of their career.

If fans want the Bills to be a minor league team and trade away their good players that's alright. I'd prefer to win.

As soon as EJ becomes Tom Brady I may agree with you. Right now he's a rookie and I want the TEAM to be elite while he becomes elite

You see the articles about Peterson getting traded out of Minnesota, leaks of Roethlisberger wanting out of Pittsburgh (true or not), and I wonder if we should be of the same mindset with a couple of our own. I can think of two players, namely SJ13 and CJ. This could be a good opportunity to sell high and keep building towards the future. It may not be a popular move with the fanbase or a lot of posters, but I think all options should be explored.

I do like Stevie Johnson a lot and appreciate the effort. I also appreciate his attitude towards the city of Buffalo and am one of maybe the few who got a kick out of his TD celebrations. He has been a solid team guy, but he is hurt more often than not and is nothing more than a #2 possession type WR. We seem to have hit on a couple of WR picks from this latest draft in Woods and Goodwin. Woods is another possession type WR, though I would say that he surely has better speed than Johnson. Goodwin is our fast, slot WR who can burn teams all over the field. Why not put Stevie out there this offseason and see if we could get a solid offer for him? We look like we will end up with a top 5 pick also which would put us in a good position to draft a WR like Mike Evans from Texas A&M. He looks to be one of those elite playmaker types with the size and speed to win matchups all over the field. He's not going to run a 4.38 in someone else's shoes like Megatron, but will be a solid 4.45 guy @ 6'5" and 225lbs. He is an excellent route runner, gets the ball at it's highest point, and uses his body to shield off defenders.

With CJ Spiller, I think he is going to want more money than he is worth and would rather see us get a 1st in return for him than to just watch him walk away. If the Browns can get a 1st in return for Richardson we can get a 1st in return for Spiller. I also don't think Spiller is built to be a feature back in the NFL. He will never make it through a season without being hurt for a few games if the team he is on is expecting him to carry the load. He is explosive on the field, but I would rather us make the move for reasons stated. More than any of the other high profile positions in the NFL, you can find RB's all over the draft in various rounds. Fred seems to still have some tread on the tires, enough for us to bring in a mid round RB to split some carries with he and Choice. A guy like Bishop Sankey from Washington could be available in the 3rd and would be a nice pickup for us. He reminds me of Doug Martin from Tampa Bay. Another guy like we could target is Marion Grice from Arizona St. He would be a solid complete RB option in the 4th or 5th. He will not only run for 1000+ this season, but he also will have more than 50 catches for over 500 yards when it is all said and done.

Make moves, load up on picks, and continue the rebuild. I like the guys that I am talking about trying to trade, but I am also realistic and try to look at this from all angles. We are not going to see that much of a dropoff on the field without these two guys. Not having Spiller on the field would have more of an impact than not having SJ because of the playmaking ability, but he hasn't been that great when on the field this season when the opportunity was there. Trading SJ would also free up 6 mill or so in cap room. I just don't see us getting Spiller to stay in the B-Lo and I don't see SJ as more than an injury prone #2.

I would absolutely not trade them. we trade spiller and fred retires we are left with what? a pick that we will have to use on another RB. we trade SJ we then have no no.1 receiver and no no.2 receiver and a bunch of rookies and a second year wr that isn't very good. we trade both of them and we need to replace both of them with the picks that we get for them with no guarantee that the replacement players we get will be even close to as good. I will never understand why people want to trade away our good players. do you enjoy losing records and being a farm team for the nfl???