With our 2013 1st round pick, we got the Rookie of the Year

alias

Let's look at it this way:

We traded down and parlayed our original first round pick into a QB and Kiko Alonso. So, with the first rounder we were given, we hit the jackpot!

If we dump what's his name -- the QB that didn't pan out -- we still got a fantastic player with that pick.

It's a win-win, and frees a roster spot for the real franchise QB we will take in the 2014 draft.

Let's look at it this way:

We traded down and parlayed our original first round pick into a QB and Kiko Alonso. So, with the first rounder we were given, we hit the jackpot!

If we dump what's his name -- the QB that didn't pan out -- we still got a fantastic player with that pick.

It's a win-win, and frees a roster spot for the real franchise QB we will take in the 2014 draft.

There is no shame in taking chances on QB's in round 1. The impact of a great QB on a franchise is greater than the other 52 players combined. Some teams get lucky and a great one falls into their lap. Others need to not be afraid to chase after that passer using any means necessary for as long as it takes. The Bills don't have one because they are always trying to shortcut their way to success.

Oh man you are hilarious please keep posting these super funny threads so I can get my daily allotment of LOLZ.

Half of me was kidding, but the other half wasn't; I do recall a few drafts where we failed to land a Rookie of the Year with our first round pick. :D

Edited by alias

Half of me was kidding, but the other half wasn't; I do recall a few drafts where we failed to land a Rookie of the Year with our first round pick. :D

Most likely, we also got a three year death sentence in the form of a bad QB who won't pan out and will likely take the coaching staff down with him.