Bye Bye Matt Flynn

eball

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree but it would have been tough. With the trade deadline passed, both parts of the trade would have to clear waivers. The Bears or Lions may have blocked the move forcing the Bills to take him back. Also it would have had to be player for player. There is no way a draft pick, even a 7th rounder from a good team, would clear waivers.

excellent point, i did forget about the trade deadline passing. these types of things happen all the time in baseball, but football is different

excellent point, i did forget about the trade deadline passing. these types of things happen all the time in baseball, but football is different

I think because there are so many fewer games. Almost none of the teams are out of playoff contention so the waiver wire trades get blocked.

In baseball bad teams don't care because they are out of it already. In football a 2 game lead is huge so almost every team feels they are in it for at least a few weeks after the initial trade deadline The Bears would have definitely put in a waiver claim blocking Flynn. I don't know if GB has some backup guard or LB that the Bills could have used but I'd have to think getting a 2014 draft pick through waivers is almost impossible.