No more QB talk

if Peyton Manning was the QB of the Bills, we would be 7-2 or better.

this team is already good enough, (even needing upgrades at LG, TE & OLB/DE) that we are one franchise QB (Top 10) away from being a playoff team.

I love E J Manuel, but he is NOT a franchise QB based on his small body of work. he could become one, but I doubt it. I see him topping out around the 15th best QB in the league, still not good enough. Thad and Tuel no way they ever become Top 10.

if Peyton Manning was the QB of the Bills, we would be 7-2 or better.

this team is already good enough, (even needing upgrades at LG, TE & OLB/DE) that we are one franchise QB (Top 10) away from being a playoff team.

I love E J Manuel, but he is NOT a franchise QB based on his small body of work. he could become one, but I doubt it. I see him topping out around the 15th best QB in the league, still not good enough. Thad and Tuel no way they ever become Top 10.

Since 12 teams make the playoffs (and there is even talk of expanding the playoff format) you clearly do not need a top 10 QB to get in the tournament. Or even to win the superbowl for that matter. I don't recall Peyton Manning looking like a HOF'er after 5 games either. He threw so many INT's early many questioned the pick. Not that EJM will be anything close to Manning (odds are he won't) but you get the point. It's waaaaay early in EJM's career, and the jury will be out for probably another season or 2.

I like EJ's leadership, which is the most important thing. I just hope his accuracy throwing the football improves.

Yep, he has the leadership, mental qualities you want and a lot of raw physical ability. He needs to work on accuracy for sure. He especially needs to watch his mechanics in the face of a strong rush (like he may see vs PIT) and not get sloppy. You know Le Beau is watching that Jets film of the Bills OL/EJM against all those blitz Zeroes. We pretty much stunk up the joint, and can expect more of that defensive style for PIT. That is something EJ must correct, but not uncommon for a rook QB. Check out his often-compared counterpart G. Smith the last two weeks. Some pretty horrendous stuff there, taking sacks, inaccurate passes going OB. The Jets just have a much more dominating defense than the Bills, and can shut down the better QB's in crunch time.