We started our 4th string qb

NoSaint

The world is not ending.

We are not the worst team in the history of the world

No one deserves to be fired.

We started our 4th string qb. An undrafted rookie. And we were in the game with an undefeated team today.

We are a decent team facing a catastrophic situation at qb. Any team in the league would've been lucky to look even as good as we did with 3 qb injuries.

But I've just polished my pitchfork, and this torch... it burns my hands.

Is it ok to pass from the 10? I'm really struggling to understand why getting the ball to the goal line means you go into a shell. You're not the only one I've seen saying this, but far from being common sense it seems nonsensical to me.

Yes actually it's a lot harder to throw from the 1 than the 10. The dbacks aren't going to get beat long so they play tighter coverage and take more chances. Everyone is all bunched up and it's a short field and that's how mistakes by a 3rd string qb happen. Qb sneak up the middle and we might have won today. It's very sad because it is such common sense

Kolb, Manuel, Lewis, Tuel.

Fourth string quarterback is accurate. He could become fifth string if Flynn is ready.

Fred was stuffed three times in a row. The pass was a good call. It was a bad throw. As rookie fourth stringers tend to do from time to time, as well as good ones.

Dude, Fred was stuffed twice. On 3rd down, Hackett called an bubble screen that even Peyton Manning would have had trouble completing. It was an epically bad play call against press coverage at the 1 with an UDFA rookie at control. A better playcall would have been a QB sneak, or even a roll-out play if you were bent on passing with Tuel's skill set.

The play call was a 10-14 point boner for Hackett.

Dude, Fred was stuffed twice. On 3rd down, Hackett called an bubble screen that even Peyton Manning would have had trouble completing. It was an epically bad play call against press coverage at the 1 with an UDFA rookie at control. A better playcall would have been a QB sneak, or even a roll-out play if you were bent on passing with Tuel's skill set.

The play call was a 10-14 point boner for Hackett.

The play was actually an easy read for a QB as it was man to man, and KC db got roasted at the line by SJ. An easy TD became a pick six because Tuel made up his mind pre snap that he'd throw the slant to Graham, as that db followed SJ on the clear out. He lost SJ at the line and it was an easy Bills TD. Horrible play by Tuel on the easiest read you'll get in the NFL. He crapped his pants at the blitz he saw coming as he went to the line. Hackett went for the kill shot and Tuel killed the Bills instead.

Why were we down to this guy as our 4th string qb? He is not NFL ready at this point.

This year is more frustrating in some ways than past years. We have a bit more talent, but the record is about the same as it has been to start many of the previous seasons. This is one year where we really can say that with above average qb play (or maybe even average qb play), we would have a winning record.

The play was actually an easy read for a QB as it was man to man, and KC db got roasted at the line by SJ. An easy TD became a pick six because Tuel made up his mind pre snap that he'd throw the slant to Graham, as that db followed SJ on the clear out. He lost SJ at the line and it was an easy Bills TD. Horrible play by Tuel on the easiest read you'll get in the NFL. He crapped his pants at the blitz he saw coming as he went to the line. Hackett went for the kill shot and Tuel killed the Bills instead.

As a coach for other sports, a general principle that you learn is that you don't ask for bench players to make kill shots unless they have proven capable of doing so, especially out of inexperienced players. To this point, Tuel hadn't shown exceptional skill with his arm. The smart bet would have been the conservative one.