Home Brewing

5 Wide

Here's the website you need to use for sausage recipes. This is the best site I've ever seen. Great recipes that work.

http://lpoli.50webs.com/

If that site doesn't give your sausage a boner you shouldn't be making sausage.

Amazing website. A microbiologist who actually worked for a salami company. I already picked out the Sage breakfast sausage and the Sonoma Bratwurst and Italian Bardiccio...I'm already feeling a little "tingley".

Sorry about the change in subject matter 5 Wide but what goes better with homebrew than homemade sausage. Might even be worthy of a separate thread...homemade sausage, recipes, pictures, suggestions. This actually gives me something to look forward to this cold winter.

Edited by BringBackFergy

Cracked open the first bottle of Bohemian Lager last night, surprisingly drinkable. Much better than I was anticipating for the first batch i've ever made.

IMG_20131030_184233_zps22e40558.jpg

That looks really good...and it's only 9:15am. Did you measure the alcohol content? Good job 5 wide.

That looks really good...and it's only 9:15am. Did you measure the alcohol content? Good job 5 wide.

I didn't have a hydrometer when I made this batch. Based on the recipe it should have been around 3.7% ABV.

I do have a hydrometer now, based on the initial reading in the Boston Lager i've got fermenting, it should be around 4.9% ABV

HAHA.... Hey it was a gift! I guess if i'm jumping into this hobby I need to get a Stein or something though.

Now you're talking. I love going to a real beer place that serves different beer in the appropriately shaped glass like wine is served.