Potential Trade Rape?

Canadian Bills Fan

Hmmm...tempting...but not knowing all the specifics of your league, considiering/asking yourself these things:

1- Does having Julius Thomas on your rostet make up for the points you would lose every week by not having D Thomas and Tony Gonzales?

2- If you trade D Thomas or Nelson, what shape does that leave your WR corp in? Are you making one spot (TE) stronger, by significantly weakening yourself at another spot (WR)?

3- J Thomas puts up some huge games, we know...but with the injuries to the Falcons WR corp, Gonzales, barring injury, should see plenty of passes come his way...he may not get you 20 pts a game...but is 12-15 from Gonzalez, plus whatever you get from D.Thomas or Jordy Nelson, worth the difference?

Not rape at all. Don't think I'd take this one. I don't think J. Thomas' TD pace is sustainable going forward w/ all the weapons they have; doubt he outscores Tony G. the rest of the year by the same margin he has in the first 7 games; which he almost has to if you're giving up a top 10 WR.

I was offered Julius Thomas for Demeryious Thomas and Tony Gonzalez

I said no then he offered the same trade only Jordy Nelson instead of Demeryius

Thoughts?

He said I need an elite TE

Trade rape is an appropriate description here. Julius Thomas IS an elite TE. I wouldn't make that deal with Jordy or Demeryius. Your trade partner would really have to sweeten the pot to make this trade equitable IMO.

Demeryius has 1 more point than Julius Thomas in overall fantasy points this year.

If I traded Demeryius I would have been left with Harry Douglas, Mike Wallace, and Jordy Nelson

Another thing to consider: how much does the trade (rape?) help your trade partner? Does it help them so much, they could possbily keep you out of the playoffs with it?

Trade rape is an appropriate description here. Julius Thomas IS an elite TE. I wouldn't make that deal with Jordy or Demeryius. Your trade partner would really have to sweeten the pot to make this trade equitable IMO.

If I understand, the guy making the offer wants Thomas/Nelson & Tony G, for Julius Thomas. Tony G may not be elite, in the J Thomas level anymore, but he is not far off, and it is looking more and more like Ryan isn't going to have a lot of weapons...Gonzales' stock may keep rising. Meanwhile, J Thomas is in an offense that spreads the ball around a lot, so he may get you 18 pts 1 week, and then 4 the next.. I would settle for a steady 10 over that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.