attn Raleigh NC people:

jester43

i got 2 extremely low-ball hotel bids to house a team of 80 college athletes in the Raleigh area while we compete there.

Are either of the addresses below places I'd want to avoid? Apologies in advance: I hear Raleigh's nice, but I trying to stick to a budget while avoiding "questionable" areas. Last year I found an "affordable" hotel in Ontario CA that was 2 blocks away from some nasty stuff that my athletes' parents would prefer they don't see (if you get my drift).

104 Factory Shopsrd

Morrisville, NC

2910 Capital Blvd.

Raleigh, NC

Thanks in advance, Bills brothers/sisters

i got 2 extremely low-ball hotel bids to house a team of 80 college athletes in the Raleigh area while we compete there.

Are either of the addresses below places I'd want to avoid? Apologies in advance: I hear Raleigh's nice, but I trying to stick to a budget while avoiding "questionable" areas. Last year I found an "affordable" hotel in Ontario CA that was 2 blocks away from some nasty stuff that my athletes' parents would prefer they don't see (if you get my drift).

104 Factory Shopsrd

Morrisville, NC

2910 Capital Blvd.

Raleigh, NC

I do not know much about Raleigh, luckily we have a bunch here who do. You're not going to find that kind of questionable area in Raleigh, though. It is in the Bible Belt. Monday's can be rough if they get a big Moral Monday going on...but you should be fine.

104 Factory Shopsrd

Morrisville, NC

2910 Capital Blvd.

Raleigh, NC

Jboyst, which one of those is your stables?

The Morrisville address is by a nearly barren shopping center by the airport. Probably not ideal, but I don't think it's an area to avoid. Capital Blvd has some dodgy areas, but I'm not as familiar with where to avoid up there. Capital Blvd is brutal traffic wise, it's like Transit road on steroids.

On second thought the cheaper hotels by the airport tend to be havens for craigslist hookers, so that might need to be taken into consideration.

Edited by BillsFanNC

I would avoid the Quality Inn on Capital. I booked a meeting there. Kind of old and beat up, never went back even though the price was good.

We are actually looking at two places on Capital- the Best Western at 2715 Capital and the "City Studios Inn and Suites" at 2910 Capital. They were both inexpensive, but the latter was really cheap. Sounds like the big issue is traffic in this part of town. We are 6 miles from the campus so that's a reasonable distance.

We are actually looking at two places on Capital- the Best Western at 2715 Capital and the "City Studios Inn and Suites" at 2910 Capital. They were both inexpensive, but the latter was really cheap. Sounds like the big issue is traffic in this part of town. We are 6 miles from the campus so that's a reasonable distance.

The capital location is shady -- and getting worse.

The Morrisville location is really close to the airport. Near some restaurants (A Hooters!, Cracker Barrell, a couple of others)-- but not a ton else.

You can come visit me and tour the company in RTP if you want Jester ;-)...some of the nerdy kids might be interested in what we do...