Future Opponents

bigem

The league is set up on a rotating schedule. Next year we'll play intra-division teams twice (Pats, Jets, Dolphins), then we'll play each of the AFC West teams (KC and SD at home), and each of the NFC north teams (GB and Minn at home), the last two games are based upon our finish position in our division. We'll match up with the rank in the AFC North for one game and AFC South for the other one. http://johnnyroadtrip.com/schedules/nfl_future_afce.htm

Does anyone know what teams we will be playing the next couple of years?

other than the rotating NFC conferences it's how they place that determines their opponents. You win you play the top teams from the year before in a division. You loose the opposite.

http://football.abou...schedproced.htm

The league is set up on a rotating schedule. Next year we'll play intra-division teams twice (Pats, Jets, Dolphins), then we'll play each of the AFC West teams (KC and SD at home), and each of the NFC north teams (GB and Minn at home), the last two games are based upon our finish position in our division. We'll match up with the rank in the AFC North for one game and AFC South for the other one. http://johnnyroadtri...future_afce.htm

next year? The Bills play KC this season and the division listed is wrong. KC is in the same division as Denver.

And you can't tell where the games are played WRT home or road yet.

read the disclaimer BEYOND 2013 THIS IS A PROJECTED SCHEDULE BASED ON PRIOR YEARS!!!also you could have searched and found thishttp://forums.twobil...nts-until-2017/

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

next year? The Bills play KC this season and the division listed is wrong. KC is in the same division as Denver.

The Bills play KC this year because we both were last in our perspective divisions. We lined up with AFC West for that one game slot. It's the same reason why NE is slated to play Denver this year.

I understand the home and aways haven't been determined yet, I should have added that as a disclaimer.

other than the rotating NFC conferences it's how they place that determines their opponents. You win you play the top teams from the year before in a division. You loose the opposite.

http://football.abou...schedproced.htm

And you can't tell where the games are played WRT home or road yet.

read the disclaimer BEYOND 2013 THIS IS A PROJECTED SCHEDULE BASED ON PRIOR YEARS!!!also you could have searched and found thishttp://forums.twobil...nts-until-2017/

Home and road as well as division played is a simple rotation. You know all but two games which are determined by finish, and you know 100% which games are where - you just have to wait to plug in a team name for the "same place as you finished in Afc north and south"

Next year we play our division twice, the NFC north, Afc west, and the two teams from the Afc south, and north that correspond. We keep playing the chiefs because we each keep loosing our division. Kind of like the colts pats playing every year with Brady - manning

What determines the home vs. away for future opponents, or is it just randomly determined at the time of scheduling: two home, two away from each division?

Basic rotation - you alternate so 4 years ago the saints were home and this time is in New Orleans- for instance

Other than the team for the 2 tbd games you could project the matchups through the end of time- it's just an 8 year rotation to get through all the NFC divisionss and flip which are home/road. Plan your New Orleans trip in 8 years. (I guess it's not truly an 8 year block to get the same schedule and home/road assignments as your own conference is 3 year rotations and the other is 4 year cycles, but you get the idea - in 8 years every team plays every opponent atleast once home and road)

Edited by NoSaint

Home and road as well as division played is a simple rotation. You know all but two games which are determined by finish, and you know 100% which games are where - you just have to wait to plug in a team name for the "same place as you finished in Afc north and south"

Next year we play our division twice, the NFC north, Afc west, and the two teams from the Afc south, and north that correspond. We keep playing the chiefs because we each keep loosing our division. Kind of like the colts pats playing every year with Brady - manning

Basic rotation - you alternate so 4 years ago the saints were home and this time is in New Orleans- for instance

Other than the team for the 2 tbd games you could project the matchups through the end of time- it's just an 8 year rotation to get through all the NFC divisionss and flip which are home/road. Plan your New Orleans trip in 8 years. (I guess it's not truly an 8 year block to get the same schedule and home/road assignments as your own conference is 3 year rotations and the other is 4 year cycles, but you get the idea - in 8 years every team plays every opponent atleast once home and road)

Thanks. That's what I suspected, but with the criticism of the link I was open to learning more.

So, there's nothing wrong with the link. You just need to realize the divisions listed at the bottom each year mean the team that finished with your rank in that division.

Thanks. That's what I suspected, but with the criticism of the link I was open to learning more.

So, there's nothing wrong with the link. You just need to realize the divisions listed at the bottom each year mean the team that finished with your rank in that division.

yup - its an incredibly easy setup.

The league is set up on a rotating schedule. Next year we'll play intra-division teams twice (Pats, Jets, Dolphins), then we'll play each of the AFC West teams (KC and SD at home), and each of the NFC north teams (GB and Minn at home), the last two games are based upon our finish position in our division. We'll match up with the rank in the AFC North for one game and AFC South for the other one. http://johnnyroadtri...future_afce.htm

It's this simple. There need be no more posts debating how the schedule works.

The prediction also indicated they Bills play Denver in 2014. or did I read that wrong?

Last year was the whole Afc south

This year the north

Next year the west

The 2 we aren't playing we play the team that finished the same spot as us

and you know 100% which games are where

again I disagree.

Yes - we know which divisions we are rotated with

No - you can not pick the 2 teams closest to the win count until you are at the end of the season

No - The home - road games are not set until the spring (April) of that same year.

again I disagree.

Yes - we know which divisions we are rotated with

No - you can not pick the 2 teams closest to the win count until you are at the end of the season

No - The home - road games are not set until the spring of that same year.

Your simply wrong on the home/road. Assigning names to the 2 placeholder games is the only thing you can't do.

Look at past schedules- the only place you'll find a quirk is 5-10 years ago the nfl changed the way the west coast teams were paired in their divisions with regards to the two that you get home vs away(and vice versa) in order to balance the travel schedules better. If you have to travel to Seattle you get St. Louis as your other NFC west road game. We got them at home last year.

Likewise Denver and Oakland are paired and sandiego with the chiefs - so you only have to do the far west coast once if you play the Afc west

Edited by NoSaint

And I've seen time and time again where the early schedule predictions of home games have been incorrect when the real schedule is released.

You don't recall the many conversations here, where certain owners argue with the NFL to get their schedule adjusted?

Show me one time.

Heres 2014, following what I said to the letter:

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-coverage/2013/07/bills-2014-foes-home-and-away.html

That's not always true.

For example, Buffalo has gone to Arizona for the last two times they have played. And the Bills haven't played in Seattle since they crushed them in 2004 (anyone remember the fake qb sneak by Bledsoe, then toss to McGahee for the TD? Wish they would run that again!). Last two games against them have been at home (well, one in Toronto last year, but you get the idea).

That's not always true.

For example, Buffalo has gone to Arizona for the last two times they have played. And the Bills haven't played in Seattle since they crushed them in 2004 (anyone remember the fake qb sneak by Bledsoe, then toss to McGahee for the TD? Wish they would run that again!). Last two games against them have been at home (well, one in Toronto last year, but you get the idea).

I posted about the travel realignment league wide for Afc and NFC west teams in this already as the one quirk. Exactly what I was referencing.

Unless a team moves or divisions realign you shouldn't see future deviations, and that's the only past change since the league expanded to 32 teams

Edited by NoSaint

I posted about the travel realignment league wide for Afc and NFC west teams in this already as the one quirk. Exactly what I was referencing.

Unless a team moves or divisions realign you shouldn't see future deviations, and that's the only past change since the league expanded to 32 teams

Ah yes...missed that. My apologies.

The Seattle 'home' game last year was bad enough. How much worse could it have gotten had we had to play there? They were playing their best football at the time.

Home Away is not always rotated sir

http://www.footballd...l?tm=4&opp=23 Raiders H, H, A, A, H, H, H, H, H, A, A, H, H

http://www.footballd...l?tm=4&opp=20 Saints H, A, H, A, A, H, H, A, A

http://www.footballd...l?tm=4&opp=28 Seattle H, H, A, H, A, A, A, H, A, A, A, A,

http://www.footballdb.com/teamvsteam.html?tm=4&opp=16

Kansas City H, A, A, A, A, H, A, A, A, A, H, H, H, A, H A, A

Ah yes...missed that. My apologies.

The Seattle 'home' game last year was bad enough. How much worse could it have gotten had we had to play there? They were playing their best football at the time.

No prob - wasnt meant to be aggressive just written kind of bluntly and and hopefully shows the other guy i wasn't just making it up for fun. The nfl of course reserves the right to do whatever they want but they've followed it to the letter, minus that single adjustment.