So was Bledsoe REALLY the problem?

Bledsoe deoes not do a good enough job at stepping up in the pocket or shuffling his feet over to avoid a rush. He also turns the ball over too much.

Bledsoe does not appear to see the field as well as he should. Athough Shane Matthews doesn't have as strong of an arm I think that Shane Matthews would do as good or better at finding an open receiver and making a play than Bledsoe

Absolutely, positively NOT happening unless Big Ben is benched.

208035[/snapback]

Do you really think that? I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, because I've seen you post this in a few different threads.

He believes it. I do think that the Steelers at home can take advantage of the Pats' depleted secondary better than the Colts could, and I like the Steelers' O-line and running game better. They're also not a dome team with a wuss mentality. And the Colts' defense held the Pats to 6 points in the 1st half, so I think that the Steelers' defense, again being at home, can do a number on them. Remember that Brady has never won a road playoff game, and no the SB doesn't count since it's a neutral field.

Do you really think that? I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, because I've seen you post this in a few different threads.

208212[/snapback]

He believes it and he's right. Now that there's a book on Ben, NE D will deploy the same game plan as against the Bills. Bottle up the running game, and dare Ben to beat them. In Ben's outings in the last 6 weeks of the season, the D has carried the load, and was horrid vs Jets.

If Pitt is smart they will feature Randle EL & Ward in the passing game. If they insist on centering the pass game around Plaxico, it will be a tough afternoon.

He believes it and he's right.  Now that there's a book on Ben, NE D will deploy the same game plan as against the Bills.  Bottle up the running game, and dare Ben to beat them.  In Ben's outings in the last 6 weeks of the season, the D has carried the load, and was horrid vs Jets. 

If Pitt is smart they will feature Randle EL & Ward in the passing game.  If they insist on centering the pass game around Plaxico, it will be a tough afternoon.

208228[/snapback]

I don't think that Ben "Frankenstein" Roethlisberger is nearly as good as the press/public makes him out to be, but he's certainly a huge improvement from Tommy Maddox.

The thing about Maddox is he locks onto Ward. Big time. I mean, that's literally the only guy he ever throws to. For real, yo.

Ben Frankenstein at least spreads the ball out, and utilizes Burress in the deep game. Lee Mays, too.

Either QB, all they have to do is manage the game for their running game and defense - and Ben Frankenstein does it way better than the Tommy "XFL All Star" Maddox.

And to change quarterbacks now would be disasterous. There's no way that would have any positive effect at all - in any way, shape or form.

i agree with that.  i feared that losing those 2 tight ends would kill us and i think it turned out to be true.  also, i agree with your other post.  the defense is good...but not good enough.  the steelers game was a cold bucket of water wasn't it?  if you are going to WIN THE SUPER BOWL (and after 35 years of rooting for this team i will never be satisfied with anything less), we should never ever ever ever allow a 9 minute drive with the game (much less the season ) on the line.  i think that tells you all you need to know about our defense...all the glowing stats notwithstanding.

208086[/snapback]

I couldn't possibly agree more.

He believes it.  I do think that the Steelers at home can take advantage of the Pats' depleted secondary better than the Colts could, and I like the Steelers' O-line and running game better.  They're also not a dome team with a wuss mentality.  And the Colts' defense held the Pats to 6 points in the 1st half, so I think that the Steelers' defense, again being at home, can do a number on them.  Remember that Brady has never won a road playoff game, and no the SB doesn't count since it's a neutral field.

208215[/snapback]

Have you seen anything which has convinced you that the Patriots' secondary is affected in any way, shape, or form by the fact that all its members are on injured reserve? Me neither. Any time you hold the Colts to just three points in the most important game of their season, you earn the right to, uh, pat yourself on the back for having good depth at secondary.

speaking of the pats' secondary, a funny aside: the pats signed hank poteat this week, whom i could never call that, because when he was in my MIDDLE SCHOOL phys. ed. class in 1990 and 1991, his name was "henry." i will never ever forget when i was teaching the wrestling unit one fateful autumn day in 1990. henry poteat, all 150 lbs of him, had made mincemeat of the entire class, despite having never wrestled before in his young life (that's what nfl-caliber genes will do for you , i guess). well, in order to give the kid a reasonable challenge, some kid suggested that I should wrestle him, even though he, at the ripe old age of 13, already outweighed me by 10 pounds. but on the other hand, i WAS the middle school asst. wrestling coach, so what did i have to fear?

so the 2 of us squared off, he, on one hand, being already built like a tiny locomotive, but on the other hand being totally clueless about folkstyle wrestling. so when i shot the double, he reflexively sprawled (as i had tought him), and, in abject panic, locked his arms around my rib cage and squeezed as hard as he freaking could. the fact that this maneuver was patently illegal was of little consequence to the class, who gasped at the raspy sound of several liters of air being forced from my chest in mere fractions of a second.

so there i was laying under a kid who, though only half my age, both outweighed me and was literally squeezing the life from me. the illegality of his frightened tactic notwithstanding, i was in big trouble here. jesus h. christ, was he strong. so i did the only thing i could do in the situation...i tapped out on the mat and called the requisite 1-point penalty on him for "locked hands."

when the battle resumed, i got smart and WAITED FOR HIM to shoot! one easy "sprawl and spin" later, i had the take down and had vanquished my little african bam-bam, though it was me who was by far the worse for the wear.

10 years later he was in the nfl, and i have to say that looking back on that day, i was never surprised.

Have you seen anything which has convinced you that the Patriots' secondary is affected in any way, shape, or form by the fact that all its members are on injured reserve? Me neither. Any time you hold the Colts to just three points in the most important game of their season, you earn the right to, uh, pat yourself on the back for having good depth at secondary.

What they have is great coaching and schemes which confuse people. Them overcoming the loss of Seymour, the best player on the Patriots team, only served to further convince me of that. What I expect to see is the Steelers pound, pound, pound and take deep shots, throwing to 6'6" Burress a lot. And unlike the Colts' WR's, the Steelers' WR's know how to play in cold and aren't wusses.

What they have is great coaching and schemes which confuse people.  Them overcoming the loss of Seymour, the best player on the Patriots team, only served to further convince me of that.  What I expect to see is the Steelers pound, pound, pound and take deep shots, throwing to 6'6" Burress a lot.  And unlike the Colts' WR's, the Steelers' WR's know how to play in cold and aren't wusses.

208406[/snapback]

game planing , belicheck = win . god i hate to say that