WHAT ARE YOU BRINGING TO THE THE TAILGATE.

sidbuff

I will be bringing MEMPHIS RIBS....

15761[/snapback]

I don't know what to bring... I've brought this up before - I want to eat (d'uh), but coming from out of town (no cooler, etc), I don't have a lot of options. If people want to share their grilled food with me, I'll be happy to bring non-perishable stuff (chips, paper plates, anything!) Should we have some sort of organization (like a pot-luck) for the tailgate? Or am I being too organized?

I just want to make sure I don't starve :devil:

CW

I don't know what to bring...  I've brought this up before - I want to eat (d'uh), but coming from out of town (no cooler, etc), I don't have a lot of options.  If people want to share their grilled food with me, I'll be happy to bring non-perishable stuff (chips, paper plates, anything!)  Should we have some sort of organization (like a pot-luck) for the tailgate?  Or am I being too organized?

I just want to make sure I don't starve  :devil:

CW

15785[/snapback]

Beer is a universal currency at the tailgate. Hotdog = 1 beer, ribs = 2 beers, prime rib = 3 beers, etc.

If you starve at the Tailgate, it's because you're shy about asking people if you can try what they're cooking.

I am stopping at a discount beverage/liquor store 3% tax by my mom's house.

Bringing a couple of cases of beer.

Also, smirnoff Ice, Mikes hard lemonade & Don Julio for the hammer.

Any suggestions of what types of beer I should bring.

So far I have labatts & Sam Adams.

Let me know what you guys would like :w00t:

I do not know my plans yet (I start a new job Monday after opener) but if I drive up for game I'll stop over in Canada and get a couple of cases of Canadian beer.

Parking appears to very tight and I am not planning on parking in Hammer's Lot due to space restrictions so it appears I will need to drop off stuff and then go park. The parking situation makes it difficult to bring food like I did when I brought tenderloin tips for kabobs - getting in and out of lot is possible before game is easy but afterwards it means walking to Hammer's and lugging stuff to car before leaving and not something you want to do when you have a time crunch.

Sounds like people have the beer covered, so I guess I won't bring the Universal Currency with me (since nobody in my family drinks it...).

Right now, leaning towards bringing a bunch of chips and such. Probably a few cases of pop as well, unless someone has any other suggestions...

What's the seating like? Picnic tables? Lawn chairs? Bring our own? My wife's concerned because she just found that she has a ruptured disk in her back and wants to make sure she'll have someplace to sit (other than in the car...) I seem to recall reading that there were going to be tables and chairs, but need to know for her peace of mind.

CW

Sounds like people have the beer covered, so I guess I won't bring the Universal Currency with me (since nobody in my family drinks it...).

Right now, leaning towards bringing a bunch of chips and such. Probably a few cases of pop as well, unless someone has any other suggestions...

What's the seating like? Picnic tables? Lawn chairs? Bring our own? My wife's concerned because she just found that she has a ruptured disk in her back and wants to make sure she'll have someplace to sit (other than in the car...) I seem to recall reading that there were going to be tables and chairs, but need to know for her peace of mind.

Hey Fez, we'll have a grill and I'm more than happy to share if you don't mind hot dogs and burgers. There is always a TON of food and lots of grilling going on so please don't be shy!

Jack: Thanks for the info. I'll see if my parents/relatives have any folding chairs that we can bring as well.

AiO: Thanks for the offer - I love hamburgers :( Maybe I can see if we can somehow bring some brats with us (we're going to Green Bay this weekend!) No guarantees (as keeping them cold on the plane trip, as well as the drive ot the game will be difficult), but we'll see.

Can't wait! ;)

CW

Jack: Thanks for the info.  I'll see if my parents/relatives have any folding chairs that we can bring as well.

AiO: Thanks for the offer - I love hamburgers ;)  Maybe I can see if we can somehow bring some brats with us (we're going to Green Bay this weekend!)  No guarantees (as keeping them cold on the plane trip, as well as the drive ot the game will be difficult), but we'll see.

Can't wait! :doh:

CW

16421[/snapback]

Last tailgate I went to, there was so much food that I was getting burgers and hotdogs thrust at me at each turn...you know if T-Bone can get a full belly that there is lots of food to share with everyone....of course I was next to the "great one" while all this was happening... :(

I have plenty of CD's:

Bon Jovi Slippery when wet

Best of Van Halen

Best of Aerosmith

Def Leppard Hysteria

Rolling Stones 40 licks best of the stones

Temptations

Best of Bob Seger & the silver Bullet band. Favorite song is Down on Main St.

This is just to a couple to satisfy.

I do not know my plans yet (I start a new job Monday after opener) but if I drive up for game I'll stop over in Canada and get a couple of cases of Canadian beer. 

Parking appears to very tight and I am not planning on parking in Hammer's Lot due to space restrictions so it appears I will need to drop off stuff and then go park.  The parking situation makes it difficult to bring food like I did when I brought tenderloin tips for kabobs - getting in and out of lot is possible before game is easy but afterwards it means walking to Hammer's and lugging stuff to car before leaving and not something you want to do when you have a time crunch.

Parking is not "Tight". Just get your ass out of bed early! Can't get out of bed early, parking next door at 4180 Abbott Road so you don't have to lug so far.

I just decided I am driving and I booked my flight so I am leaving on Monday morning for new job, not driving on Sunday. Since I am flying though I may need to depend on family members for rides and hence have a lot less control over transportation.. Flight + airport parking gets pretty expensive.

I will probably catch a ride with my brother and he may not have the same desire to start tailgating that early in morning. If he camps in trailer lot then I can just stroll over when I wake up otherwise I have no idea what time I am getting there.

At least this way though the tailgate after the game is not so restricted.

I have plenty of CD's:

Bon Jovi Slippery when wet

Best of Van Halen

Best of Aerosmith

Def Leppard Hysteria

Rolling Stones 40 licks best of the stones

Temptations

Best of Bob Seger & the silver Bullet band. Favorite song is Down on Main St.

This is just to a couple to satisfy.

18145[/snapback]

ALL my favs! B)

Great idea on the CDs. I have over 200 in the wallet. Hopefully someone will have a nice, loud stereo to play them on. In all seriousness, I will have to get food items once I get to NY, there is no way we can fit it with on the drive from NC.

No need to drive up to Canada for beer, same exact beer can be found at Tops or Wegmans. The free trade agreement changed things. Plus its cheaper here besides.

18717[/snapback]

I get Molson XXX. Molson XXX has more alcohol (and taste) than regular beer and it is not sold in US. Different rules in amount of alcohol in beer.

I am not a big drinker anymore and I do not like to get up during game to use bathrooms so this way I get my alcohol in less beers.

I also need to get to airport early morning and fly to a new job so I can not be as unrestricted as I am other years.