Pink Flags

Prickly Pete

Well if you're going to base it on the NFL audience they should do a alcohol abuse awareness month. :D

And then follow that up w/domestic battery awareness. ;-P

I understand and I apologize for jumping to conclusions. This is a heavy topic.

However, although breast cancer awareness is far greater than that of prostate cancer awareness, the statistics speak loudly and clearly that breast cancer is, by far, the greater threat.

Believe me. I wish there could be more focus on Crohn's Disease and Huntington's Disease (two killers that are affecting my sister and cousin, respectively) as well as ovarian cancer, which is currently killing my aunt (the mother of the cousin with Huntington's Disease).

My point is simply this ... I'm sure the NFL didn't want to choose just one disease, but they likely had to. I honestly don't know. But breast cancer, while more curable today than ever, is still killing people in droves. The thirds highest death rate (Lung and Colon are 1 and 2).

I'm just happy that there are ways for a business as big as the NFL to help gain awareness and money toward research for a cure for at least one disease.

Again ... I apologize for saying you were insensitive.

Wow... Sorry for the situation in your family. Our prayers go out to your family Gug! My mother lost her battle to ovarian in 1999 after a 6 year fight. Huntington's is in my ex-sister-in-law's family. The thing with that is that it a recessive gene disorder... So they can test for that before mid-life. I don't even broach the subject w/my brother about my niece! I am pretty sure his ex-has it, that leaves my niece @ a 50% chance? ?? Ovarian is very hereditary... Both my sisters know the history and what's @ stake. A voluntary ovectomy might be the answer for some.

Again... All our prayers!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And then follow that up w/domestic battery awareness. ;-P

Wow... Sorry for the situation in your family. Our prayers go out to your family Gug! My mother lost her battle to ovarian in 1999 after a 6 year fight. Huntington's is in my ex-sister-in-law's family. The thing with that is that it a recessive gene disorder... So they can test for that before mid-life. I don't even broach the subject w/my brother about my niece! I am pretty sure his ex-has it, that leaves my niece @ a 50% chance? ?? Ovarian is very hereditary... Both my sisters know the history and what's @ stake. A voluntary ovectomy might be the answer for some.

Again... All our prayers!

Thank you. It's a real kick in the nuts. In short, money being raised for any widespread killer is a positive thing. And I'm willing to put up with the 9 seconds of confusion if it helps save someone's life.

Thank you. It's a real kick in the nuts. In short, money being raised for any widespread killer is a positive thing. And I'm willing to put up with the 9 seconds of confusion if it helps save someone's life.

Same here... That is why I said, stick a few flashing lights on the flags... They will stand out!

Yeah, during both games I watched Sunday, the commentators mentioned some confusion.

I can't understand why my mentioning that it was needlessly confusing, and not furthering the VERY worthwhile efforts of the NFL to raise money and awareness, should somehow be construed as being unsympathetic.

Edited by Marauder'sMicro

I don't want to make it personal with anyone here, but I find moral outrage annoying generally, and the righteous indignation that comes into play when any measure designed to further a good cause is criticized, is down right nauseating.

Having breast cancer awareness is great, but is there no end? Should it be 6 weeks? 8 weeks? 12 weeks? Maybe just have the pink as a permanent fixture - Let's make every day breast cancer awareness day!

Let's have pink chalk lines, pink footballs, wait, scratch the pink chalk lines, how about pink grass! Yeah! Pink stadium seats, pink scoreboards, pink beer (if we can get green beer for St. Patty's day we can swing this).

And the second you say any of this is going a little overboard I'm going to crank up the righteous indignation and condescend on your petty grievances, because you think your petty colors are more important than innocent people dying of cancer. Someone I care about died of cancer and you just said their life means less than the color of your precious football. How dare you, Sir. Good day.