The Colt receivers should be strung up

Simon

Manning receives way too much crap about how's a choker, can't win the big one, blah blah blah.....

Every single time the Colts have been eliminated with him at the helm the last several years, their pass-catchers have been absolutely atrocious.

Sure enough 10 minutes into the game they chalk up 4 drops; 2 from Stokely, 1 from Pollard and another from Clark, 3 of which killed drives.

If these guys don't get their heads out they're going to cost the Colts yet another elimination game (that would be 4 by my count) and we're going to hear a bunch of wits expounding upon how Manning can't win.

Wake up you gutless punks and start playing some freaking ball.

P.S. How many TO's did the Colts end up having in their pocket when the 1st half ended?

Manning receives way too much crap about how's a choker, can't win the big one, blah blah blah.....

Every single time the Colts have been eliminated with him at the helm the last several years, their pass-catchers have been absolutely atrocious.

Sure enough 10 minutes into the game they chalk up 4 drops; 2 from Stokely, 1 from Pollard and another from Clark, 3 of which killed drives.

If these guys don't get their heads out they're going to cost the Colts yet another elimination game (that would be 4 by my count) and we're going to hear a bunch of wits expounding upon how Manning can't win.

Wake up you gutless punks and start playing some freaking ball.

P.S. How many TO's did the Colts end up having in their pocket when the 1st half ended?

Agreed on the WR's. And the Colts ended up with 1 TO.

Personally, I think you are seeing the effects of a dome team playing in crappy conditions. These guys are just too sheltered to play in this stuff.

I'm sure that is a contributing factor but I'm starting to wonder if they're just basically a gutless group that curls up when things get tough.

The defense was ducking blockers all night, the pass-catchers are out there half-stepping it all game, the OLine spent most of the night getting rag-dolled, Edge James turns into Antowain Smith, and even the staff goes conservative and doesn't attack the depleted NE secondary downfield a single time.

Peyton is going to hear about this ad infinitum but I'm actually starting to feel bad for the guy (I feel bad for a QB? must be softening w/ age). He played really well today and the rest of his team was just completely and utterly gutless.

Galdangit, if I root for the Stillers twice in one year, I'm going to be eating shlt sandwiches for the next 9 months :devil:

I'm sure that is a contributing factor but I'm starting to wonder if they're just basically a gutless group that curls up when things get tough.

The defense was ducking blockers all night, the pass-catchers are out there half-stepping it all game, the OLine spent most of the night getting rag-dolled, Edge James turns into Antowain Smith,  and even the staff goes conservative and doesn't attack the depleted NE secondary downfield a single time.

Peyton is going to hear about this ad infinitum but I'm actually starting to feel bad for the guy (I feel bad for a QB? must be softening w/ age). He played really well today and the rest of his team was just completely and utterly gutless.

Galdangit, if I root for the Stillers twice in one year, I'm going to be eating shlt sandwiches for the next 9 months  :devil:

208027[/snapback]

It's hard to come up with an example of a hard-hitting, blood and guts dome team.... I think the softness comes with the territory.

Colts Press Confrence

Polian pointing to reporter from the Senior Times:

Polian: I thought you retired Art?

Art: Dont get me started !!

Polian: So whats your question old timer?

Art: So why do your teams always choke??? :devil::D

Polian: IF YOU DONT LIKE IT..YOU CAN JUST GET THE $&%$ OUT OF TOWN!!!!!! :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

Personally, I think you are seeing the effects of a dome team playing in crappy conditions.  These guys are just too sheltered to play in this stuff.

207770[/snapback]

I agree with this. And you can say the same for all of the dome teams that have had good records hitorically. That was always one of the coolest things about the K-gun. We played in the worst of conditions and could execute it anywhere in the league (well except for at KC for some reason :devil: )

They put up a better fight last year in worse conditions all-around.  No excuse for what happened today.  None.  Kind of puts the Bills' loss at NE into perspective, eh?

207811[/snapback]

No it doesn't.

The Bills shat the bed AGAIN in NE thanks to a DREADFUL performance at QB.

BTW, what WAS DB's QB rating in that game? 10?

So what was the Colts' excuse?  Are you saying that if Bledsoe had played like Manning did today, they would have beaten the Pats?  Please tell me that's NOT what you're saying.

208254[/snapback]

No, I'm merely stating that the losses occurred for two different reasons.

Namely, Drew effed a duck and couldn't figure out how to throw a ball vs. Everyone and their mother dropping passes for the Colts.

It's hard to pin that loss on manning, IMO.

No, I'm merely stating that the losses occurred for two different reasons.

Namely, Drew effed a duck and couldn't figure out how to throw a ball vs. Everyone and their mother dropping passes for the Colts.

It's hard to pin that loss on manning, IMO.

The Bills as a team played like crap against the Patriots. The defenses gave up 3-75+ yard scoring drives before halftime. And how many dropped passes did Drew have in that game? Where was the running game?