Tampa Bay imploding as a franchise...

Big Turk

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I know people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, and as a Bills fan our house is about as glass as it can get, but what is happening right now in Tampa bay with Josh Freeman, Greg Schiano, Mark Dominik the GM and how it is being handled is just ridiculous.

Players don't like Schiano, they think he is a liar and cannot be trusted, and things are just turning from bad to ugly to unfathomable.

It really started coming out when Schiano alledgedly rigged the ballot box and took the captaincy away from Freeman, who as a QB should obviously be one of the captains unless you are a rookie.

Then Freeman started playing poorly and the really weird stuff started happening. Schiano appears "out to get" Freeman at whatever costs necessary. This has gone way, way beyond a player perfoming poorly and losing his job, this has become Greg Schiano has a strong personal vendetta against Josh Freeman, something that is just childish.

It leaks out he missed a mandatory team photo, it leaks out he is in a drug testing program, Buc officials refuse to allow him on the field and make him sit in the inactive box, Freeman then goes to sti with his family and friends in a box HE pays for out of his own pocket, and is told that he cannot be in there by Buc officials and needs to return to the inactive players box. Then media notice Freeman's locker is completely empty and then hear that Freeman was told not to come to a meeting and then GM Dominik claims its because coach Schiano wanted to "talk with him afterwards".

This is turning into an absolute embarrassment for not only the Tampa Bay Buccaneer organization but also the NFL. IT looks ugly from way up in Buffalo, can't imagine what people are saying down in Tampa. Now there has been a clear violation of somebody's medical rights, which is a very serious offense legally, forget about the NFL's policies, in which it is also a serious violation.

If I aws the owner of the Bucs I would be getting my boot warmed up and clean house...Dominik obviously has lost control of the situation and it appears Schiano is the one with all the power down there...

Its to the point it would be almost comical if it wasn't happening in the NFL...but since it is its just downright embarrassing....this is the type of stuff you hear from people playing in third division Italian soccer leagues, not the most powerful league on the planet that always has its media darling facade on...

As the season goes on it's looking more like the Buffalo Bills and EJ Manuel, Doug Marrone and Russ Brandon are imploding as a franchise.