Which non #1 WR would you add to

JP-era

I have some favorites:

Peter Warick

TJ Housh

Plax Burress (I say Hines is the #1)

Anybody catch the north-south game? Damn Jerome Mathis looks good!!!

I dont think this is a NEED but rather a would-be-nice. How sweet would it be to have a 2000 Rams like WR corp?

Evans/Moulds/Burress WOWWWWWW!!!!!!!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have some favorites:

Peter Warick

TJ Housh

207363[/snapback]

We could use one of those three players to replace Eric Moulds if he's not willing to take a paycut. The cap savings we'd get would allow us to re-sign Jennings, and maybe Pat Williams too.

He is an RFA and they'll keep him.

Not so fast. He was a 7th round pick, meaning if they tender him at the lowest level, he only nets a 7th rounder in return. So that means they'd need to tender him at the 3rd round level, which is a pay increase to $1.3M. Will they do it? And furthermore will a team offer MORE than that to get him away from them? I'd give up a 3rd rounder for him.

Not so fast.  He was a 7th round pick, meaning if they tender him at the lowest level, he only nets a 7th rounder in return.  So that means they'd need to tender him at the 3rd round level, which is a pay increase to $1.3M.  Will they do it?  And furthermore will a team offer MORE than that to get him away from them?  I'd give up a 3rd rounder for him.

207447[/snapback]

Well at the very least they will threaten to do it and then sign him to an extension. He's their best WR, they're not gonna let him walk.

Well at the very least they will threaten to do it and then sign him to an extension.  He's their best WR, they're not gonna let him walk.

I don't know if I'd call him their best WR, and I think that Branch would be considered that, if he could stay healthy. Also the Pats don't like to pay their players much, and probably think that Givens is a product of the system. I could see Givens refuse to sign the tender and demand a huge payday, which would be nice.

• 5 weeks later...
I don't know if I'd call him their best WR, and I think that Branch would be considered that, if he could stay healthy.  Also the Pats don't like to pay their players much, and probably think that Givens is a product of the system.  I could see Givens refuse to sign the tender and demand a huge payday, which would be nice.

207460[/snapback]

Be realistic about the number three receiver. How about Bobby Shaw, he was the best receiver two years ago (besides Moulds obviously) but really played well when EM was hurt. Or how about trying Price (useless in Altlanta) or Curtis Conway (useless everywhere). Or about one of those fast little white guys?

depending on which of the two WR's you think is the #2 WR in

Detroit:

Roy Williams or Charles Rogers (healthy)

or Arizona:

Larry Fitzgerald or Anquan Boldin

240011[/snapback]

Getting either AZ receiver would be great, but they will never let them go. What about Jerry Rice? He would be a great No. 3

We could use one of those three players to replace Eric Moulds if he's not willing to take a paycut. The cap savings we'd get would allow us to re-sign Jennings, and maybe Pat Williams too.

207390[/snapback]

Wha? Didn't Moulds just re-do his contract this past week? Wake me up when TD decides if he is going to go with Rob Johnson or Doug Flutie! :D

Wha?  Didn't Moulds just re-do his contract this past week?  Wake me up when TD decides if he is going to go with Rob Johnson or Doug Flutie! :D

240050[/snapback]

trock decided to dig this post up from a month ago. Like there haven't been a dozen others like it since then. :blink:

I have some favorites:

Peter Warick

TJ Housh

Anybody catch the north-south game? Damn Jerome Mathis looks good!!!

I dont think this is a NEED but rather a would-be-nice. How sweet would it be to have a 2000 Rams like WR corp?

Evans/Moulds/Burress WOWWWWWW!!!!!!!

207363[/snapback]

According to you, and your legion, all of our problems are solved now that Drew Bledsoe is moving on...Josh Reed should become a perenial All-star now....

The only WR you mentioned that would actually qualify as a 3rd WR is Peter Warrick. The rest are outrageous and would never settle for a third WR spot anywhere in the NFL.

I'd keep an eye on Dane Looker myself...he'll come cheap, and is very productive when he has his chances. Alex Bannister from Seattle is interesting as well...Holmgren kept him out of the WR corps, despite Bannister's demand that he get some playing time...Bannister has great size (6'5 I believe) and had soft hands in college. Also made the Pro Bowl last year as the NFC Special Teams player. The Bills brought him in as a free agent visiter last year when he was a RFA. Might be worth a look.

There are some really unrealistic names being thrown around here to play what essentially will be a 3rd WR. The Bills aren't in a comfortable enough spot under the cap for the kinds of players that are being mentioned.

If we're extremely lucky... we might land Cedrick Wilson (SF) or Ronald Curry (Oak). Curry is wishful thinking because it looks like Porter wants out.

IMO, more likely candidates include Lee Mays from Pitt (my personal choice), Kasper or Patten (NE), Troy Walters (Indy), or maybe a return performance from Bobby Shaw.

- Houshmanzadahwhatever and Burress want to be #1s somewhere. It may not happen, but no way to they accept a third spot.

- I don't see the young guys from Detroit or Arizona going anywhere.

- The NE situation with Givens/Patten/Kasper is a tough one to call because you never know what is running through Belichick and Pioli's minds when they make roster choices.