Nobody (literally) watched the Houston Astros on TV yesterday

\GoBillsInDallas/

Even funnier... Look who beat 'em! "21 Jump Street" :-O

"...But none of them – not a single, solitary Nielsen household – tuned in to watch the Astros lose to the Indians for their ninth consecutive loss and their 105th defeat of the year.

NASCAR’s Sprint Cup race from New Hampshire had a 1.3 Nielsen rating on Sunday afternoon in Houston. A “Law and Order” rerun on TNT between noon and 1 p.m. had a 0.9 rating. NFL Network’s screen of NFL score updates had a 0.16 rating. Formula One racing from Singapore had a 0.14 rating on NBC Sports Network. A “21 Jump Street” rerun on Channel 57 from 1 to 2 p.m. had a 0.04 rating. A “Cosby Show” rerun from 2 to 2:30 p.m. on Channel 39 had a 0.5 rating. CNN and Fox News Channel combined for a 0.3 rating from 1 to 2 p.m.

But Astros-Indians? According to Nielsen, the game drew hash marks, which is the Nielsen ratings symbol for a program that does not draw a measurable audience."

Speaking of those nielsen meters, has anybody ever had one of those on their TV??

We did back in the 80s. There was a little booklet that my parents filled out...I dont remember if they sent it back in or reported results over the phone, cause I was pretty young at the time. But I know they were doing that for a little while. Since then I haven't known anyone who has been involved.

We did back in the 80s. There was a little booklet that my parents filled out...I dont remember if they sent it back in or reported results over the phone, cause I was pretty young at the time. But I know they were doing that for a little while. Since then I haven't known anyone who has been involved.

I actually did this once. It was during my last term in college. Not sure why they had chosen a college student because I was way to busy to watch TV. A lot of help I was! :lol: I remember having to fill a booklet thing out of all the TV shows I watched and then mail it back.

I actually did this once. It was during my last term in college. Not sure why they had chosen a college student because I was way to busy to watch TV. A lot of help I was! :lol: I remember having to fill a booklet thing out of all the TV shows I watched and then mail it back.

I just hope Nielsen never starts doing this with books...you'll skew the whole thing with those crappy Fabio books you like!!