Lets turn our attention to Baltimore

dascottbills28

You complained that they "called read option off tackle runs" or something to that effect. Don't know what it was word for word. By saying that, it seems that you do not in any way grasp the X's and O's of Read Option plays, at least at the NFL level where most of the calls are package plays.

The play is usually more than just "QB keep or RB run." It wouldn't be effective that way. You need your WRs running routes, whether it be a quick hitter or what have you. The QB then READS the defense and chooses an OPTION which he believes will be most successful.

So perhaps its not as much the play call itself as much as a rookie QB not making the best decisions, yes?

Isn't if time to change your sig?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Ravens running game is really struggling. With or without Ray Rice. Rice is overrated as a runner anyway, plus the O-line is really struggling and the Ravens are telegraphing run plays as they rarely run without fullback Vontae Leach on the field.

The Ravens are also a bit dinged up. The d-line had to finish the game without rest the past 2 games, because they were down to 3 or 4 healthy lineman. Other then that the defense has look good the past 2 weeks. But the Houston game is a hard one to gauge, because both teams where shooting themselves in the foot with penalties. If Houston didn`t get a ton of penalties in the second half who knows if they would have been able to move the ball.

The Ravens have struggled on the road going back a few years now. Maybe especially in games they`re favoured in. They lost 4 road games last year, and 3 of the 4 wins, they won by 3 points. The year before they lost 4 games, all on the road, and all against teams with losing records.

I am not sure you can call this a trap game for the Ravens, when this happens all the time. It`s a weakness.

So I see this being a tight game, and defenitly a game the Bills can win.

The Ravens running game is really struggling. With or without Ray Rice. Rice is overrated as a runner anyway, plus the O-line is really struggling and the Ravens are telegraphing run plays as they rarely run without fullback Vontae Leach on the field.

The Ravens are also a bit dinged up. The d-line had to finish the game without rest the past 2 games, because they were down to 3 or 4 healthy lineman. Other then that the defense has look good the past 2 weeks. But the Houston game is a hard one to gauge, because both teams where shooting themselves in the foot with penalties. If Houston didn`t get a ton of penalties in the second half who knows if they would have been able to move the ball.

The Ravens have struggled on the road going back a few years now. Maybe especially in games they`re favoured in. They lost 4 road games last year, and 3 of the 4 wins, they won by 3 points. The year before they lost 4 games, all on the road, and all against teams with losing records.

I am not sure you can call this a trap game for the Ravens, when this happens all the time. It`s a weakness.

So I see this being a tight game, and defenitly a game the Bills can win.

They are definitely a weird team where, if their offense is struggles it is really bad and Flacco starts forcing throws and gets picked. Once they fired Cam Cameron as the OC and replaced him with Caldwell they were more consistent but I have also noticed they tend to get off to slow starts. Flacco has maybe the strongest arm in the NFL but without Boldin last year no way to they even advance in the playoffs. He is gone and while Torrey Smith is a good WR, Boldin is missed. I agree that this game is winnable, I don't expect them to win but would not be surprised if they can pull it out.

If we wanted a power running offense we should have kept Marshawn Lynch.Whatever Spiller is, he isn't a power runner. Move him around and even put him into the pass game a little. The Ravens are going to go through our line like it isn't even there...so we might want to introduce a few screens. EJ has to be given the go ahead to run for his life when the situation calls for it. Put in Jackson and a fullback for whatever "power running" we want to do and in the meanwhile the two of them might block the onrushing Raven defense. Keep our defense off the field (coach...that means eat the clock...run it ....drain every possible second. Forget up-tempo for this game. Balls to the wall on special teams ...very aggressive.